www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Modeling,analysis and design of FLAT SLAB bldg. using STAAD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> E-Conferences-2008 [ Flat Slab Design issues ]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrachiThube
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Modeling,analysis and design of FLAT SLAB bldg. using STAAD Reply with quote

Dear All
         I have tried to model the flat slab building for analysis for lateral loading (model valid only for column and shear wall design) on my own in absence of any more information.
       I will like if experts in STAAD gives me any comments, correction on this. Once model is complete I will upload another model with loads applied and analyzed as per method suggested by Mr. Vipul Sir.
       As it is imaginary building experts can suggest me any changes so that this will be close to reality.
       I hope by the end of the E-Conference after incorporating comments from experts this STAAD file will become an ideal reference file for all.

Thanks
P Thube

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
flate slab.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  flate slab.zip
 Filesize:  62.37 KB
 Downloaded:  3532 Time(s)

pandharkarnitin
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Modeling,analysis and design of FLAT SLAB bldg. using STAAD Reply with quote

Hi
This is Nitin
I ha one confusion regarding model
Why did u given cross members in slab ?

Thanking You
Nitin

Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 3:49 PM
To: econf@sefindia.org
Subject: [ECONF] Modeling,analysis and design of FLAT SLAB bldg. using STAAD

Dear All
I have tried to model the flat slab building for analysis for lateral loading (model valid only for column and shear wall design) on my own in absence of any more information.
I will like if experts in STAAD gives me any comments, correction on this. Once model is complete I will upload another model with loads applied and analyzed as per method suggested by Mr. Vipul Sir.
As it is imaginary building experts can suggest me any changes so that this will be close to reality.
I hope by the end of the E-Conference after incorporating comments from experts this STAAD file will become an ideal reference file for all.

Thanks
P Thube

Attachments:
flate slab.zip

This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, use, disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this e-mail or associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message or by telephone and delete this e-mail and any attachments permanently from your system.

Posted via Email
ajayapc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Flat slab modelling Reply with quote

Dear Er Thube
I have seen your modelling.  I think you should create additional one node in each panel so that overlapping of diagonal flab elements can be modelled close to reality.  
Let us also seek comments/suggestions from other sefians.
BYE
AJAY CHOURASIA
pathre_v

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Modeling,analysis and design of FLAT SLAB bldg. using STAAD Reply with quote

The model in staad does not show flat slab. you have to model flat slab as finite element. Why have you provided cross beams and connecting beams ? Remove cross beams and connecting beams in plan and model as elements connecting four columns.
regards
vijay

--- On Mon, 5/1/09, PrachiThube <forum@sefindia.org> wrote:

Quote:
Date: Monday, 5 January, 2009, 3:49 PM

Dear All

Thanks
P Thube

Attachments:
flate slab.zip

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Posted via Email
PrachiThube
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Modeling,analysis and design of FLAT SLAB bldg. using ST Reply with quote

Just to simulate rigid diaphragm action.

Please see vipul sir’s paper. As per that procedure we have to assign pin support to each column(in order to take 100% base shear by shear wall).

Master slave commends doesn’t work in this case.

I will like to know from experts what properties one should use for this member.

Thanks !
P Thube

pandharkarnitin wrote:
Hi
This is Nitin
I ha one confusion regarding model
Why did u given cross members in slab ?

Thanking You
Nitin

Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 3:49 PM

Dear All

Thanks
P Thube

Attachments:
flate slab.zip

This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, use, disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this e-mail or associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message or by telephone and delete this e-mail and any attachments permanently from your system.

Posted via Email
pathre_v

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Modeling,analysis and design of FLAT SLAB bldg. using STAAD Reply with quote

I have done some rectifications in the model by deleting beams and adding plate elements as flat slab. I have release moments in the columns in order to transfer the horizontal forces to shear wall. please comment whether the procedure is correct.Pl refer to the attached file
regards
vijay

Quote:

Dear All

Thanks
P Thube

Attachments:
flate slab.zip

Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta! Click here.

Posted via Email
pathre_v

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Modeling,analysis and design of FLAT SLAB bldg. using STAAD Reply with quote

please download the attachment

Vijay

Quote:

Dear All

Thanks
P Thube

Attachments:
flate slab.zip

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Posted via Email
PrachiThube
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Modeling,analysis and design of FLAT SLAB bldg. using STAAD Reply with quote

where is the attachement?

P. Thube
pathre_v

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Modeling,analysis and design of FLAT SLAB bldg. using ST Reply with quote

PrachiThube wrote:
where is the attachement?

[/img][/code]

file attached

Use online scanners
MODEL1.ed.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MODEL1.ed.zip
 Filesize:  7.16 KB
 Downloaded:  2402 Time(s)

rahul.leslie
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have released all column ends on a structure that has no shear walls...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> E-Conferences-2008 [ Flat Slab Design issues ] All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: