www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Box Pushing Techniques for underbridges

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Dams and Bridges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harpreet
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Box Pushing Techniques for underbridges Reply with quote

Dear Sefi members
I am looking for information on the railway underbridge construction by Box Pushing Techniques. I tried searching internet, but had no luck. Any sort of notes, journal would help me.
many thanks
regards
Harpreet
PrasantaC
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can get the information from any Railway Engineer's office. These works are going on everywhere in Indian Railways.
rajancivildesign@gmail.co

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Box Pushing Technique below railway line Reply with quote

In Bridge Forum under  Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering Forum
you can see lot of posting on Box Pushing technique. I am also have a doubt
what is the maximum width and height we can adopt this technique.
If any body from Railways or expert can give the details.
V.M.RAJAN.
bkkk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: box pushing tecnique Reply with quote

sir,

I have observed in a project being jointly undertaken by Railways and Highways dept.  that is going near Trichy in Tamil nadu they have casted the boxes of size 2.75m x 4.00m . for Box Pushing technique.

Er.balaji venkateswaran
gpsarathyy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that the same technique is going to be used for the Chennai Metro which is strentching more than 10kms in length and at an approximate depth of 20' from the ground level.
For this purpose they imported the machine from foreign to do this work. In some places this route is going below the residential buildings, there the railways ensuring that they will not feel any discomfort due to the Metro below their houses by means of vibrations or sound etc.,

gauravmaroo
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear SEFI Member

You can ask our senior sefi member Mr Alok Bhowmic for this issue....also attached is his own article published a few months back .
https://www.casagrandegroup.com/dati/download/fondazioni/45201109___NBMCW___Afcons_job_site_Delhi___C6__B125_KRC_en.pdf

abhy_vivek
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Underground Box Pushing Reply with quote

Dear Gaurav,

Thank you very much for sharing this paper by Mr. Alok Bhowmick, infact from contractor's side I was involved in this project for finalising the method of box pushing, checking stability / alignment issues involved during Underground box pushing. The walers seen in Photo-4, 5 and 15 were designed by our team.

Anyway, I do have detailed information and photos about the Underground box pushing and the following components :-
1) Drag sheets
2) Back side Anchor-Frames, and McAlloy bars (which was done first time in India and probably first time in the construction Industry, for box pushing job)
3) Contiguous piles - walers
4) Soil Nails etc. etc.
5) Stability calc of Box (Surcahrge, Friction, jacking force etc.)

I am writing a paper on this Technic, as, till now rarely this techinc is publsihed / discussed thr' forum like Sefi.

During this job, we got support from various people, we also could visit / collect information of other Box pushing projects - in Mumbai (by Central Railways at Kurla Railway stn), Delhi (by ITD cementation), Vashi etc.

Interested people can contact undersigned with the specific query about the box pushing

Regards
Er. Vivek

gauravmaroo wrote:
Dear SEFI Member

You can ask our senior sefi member Mr Alok Bhowmic for this issue....also attached is his own article published a few months back .
https://www.casagrandegroup.com/dati/download/fondazioni/45201109___NBMCW___Afcons_job_site_Delhi___C6__B125_KRC_en.pdf
xuanyanzi
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: I think we want to prove that Reply with quote

I think we want to prove that, ah, everybody in Kazakhstan, also count me in,
Old School RS Gold
Runescape Gold
Cheap Diablo 3 Items
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Dams and Bridges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: