www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Can anyone please tell me how to provide staircase in ETABS

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ganesh_baravkar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Can anyone please tell me how to provide staircase in ETABS Reply with quote

Respected Sir,
                       I am having trouble modeling staircase in ETABS 13. Please can anyone tell me about that? How's the actual designers do it in regular practise using softwares?....please help me out
syed_A

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Ganesh
As far modeling part is concerned , First define the ref planes for the landing level
then draw two beam (property none) length equal to stair width (for dog legged staircase), then extrude this lines as areas one by one with dx dy dz as required according to the available dimensions. Better workout the required lengths on paper before modeling
See the attach image
Regards

staircase.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.77 KB
 Viewed:  394 Time(s)

staircase.jpg

paresh_patel
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear syed , can u upload a model file for the same? it will be very helpfull. thanks
ganesh_baravkar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: regarding staircase Reply with quote

Sir,
     Can you please post one etabs model of any building with staircase. So, it will help us understanding the loading and geometry. Thanking you
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: