www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

 Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Future of Str. Engg

 
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Econference on State of Structural Engineering Practice and Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rohit rai
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 19 Sep 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Future of Str. Engg Reply with quote

Respected Sir,
I am Rohit Rai from Lucknow .I did my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Dr.RML Avadh University,Faizabad in 2010,then I did my M.Tech in Civil Engineering withspecializationinStructural Engineering from Madan Mohan Malaviya Engineering College,Gorakhpur in 2014 simultaneously I was giving the Institution of Engineer's(India) exams in Civil Engineering and I completed my graduation (AMIE) in Civil Engineering with structural engineering as my optional subjects in 2015.Now I want to work as an Structural Engineer and what are your views on how should I proceed or initiate my career.This is the only platform from where I can get the best advice.
Thanking inanticipationof your responses.


Your's Faithfully
Rohit Rai M.Tech,AMIE(I)

Posted via Email



Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
rohit_rai_surya.docx
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rohit_rai_surya.docx
 Filesize:  34.95 KB
 Downloaded:  275 Time(s)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bsec
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor


Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 202

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Future of Str. Engg Reply with quote

Dear Mr Rohit Rai,

If you are keen to pursue a career in Structural Engineering, please join a good structural engineering consulting firm and learn the art of designing, detailing, producing calculations which are comprehensive and which can be proof checked.


Further, my advice would be - As a structural engineer, continuously upgrade your knowledge by reading technical journals, attending relevant seminars and workshops and constantly interacting with your counterparts in other organisation, to benchmark yourself. many a times, your organisation may not sponsor you for attending such seminars / workshops. In such cases, do not hesitate to spend your own money to attend such Seminars. Afterall it is your career, which you have to shape.


Please do not forget your social and cultural responsibilities, while working as a structural engineer.


Best Wishes to you


Alok Bhowmick


On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:53 PM, rohit rai <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Respected Sir,
I am Rohit Rai from Lucknow .I did my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Dr.RML Avadh University,Faizabad in 2010,then I did my M.Tech in Civil Engineering withspecializationinStructural Engineering from Madan Mohan Malaviya Engineering College,Gorakhpur in 2014 simultaneously I was giving the Institution of Engineer's(India) exams in Civil Engineering and I completed my graduation (AMIE) in Civil Engineering with structural engineering as my optional subjects in 2015.Now I want to work as an Structural Engineer and what are your views on how should I proceed or initiate my career.This is the only platform from where I can get the best advice.
Thanking inanticipationof your responses.


Your's Faithfully
Rohit Rai M.Tech,AMIE(I)
     



     
Download Attachments:
rohit_rai_surya.docx





Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaydeep Vyas
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Future of Str. Engg Reply with quote

Dear Rohit,
I am Jaydeep Vyas working as a structural Consultant since last 25 years. On the basis of experience I can say that if you want to have satisfaction of work and purely honest hand to mouth income, this is the best business. This is not a business to earn a lot and to make your name. Structural Engineers are the real actors behind the curtain. It wont make you famous or give you prestige.
Our present discussion on structural topics clearly mentions. I hope you will select your proper line as per your ambition.
- Jaydeep Vyas
0 98252 69461



On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:53 PM, rohit rai <forum@sefindia.org> wrote:



           Respected Sir,
I am Rohit Rai from Lucknow .I did my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Dr.RML Avadh University,Faizabad in 2010,then I did my M.Tech in Civil Engineering with specialization in Structural Engineering from Madan Mohan Malaviya Engineering College,Gorakhpur in 2014 simultaneously I was giving the Institution of Engineer's(India) exams in Civil Engineering and I completed my graduation (AMIE) in Civil Engineering with structural engineering as my optional subjects in 2015. Now I want to work as an Structural Engineer and what are your views on how should I proceed or initiate my career.This is the only platform from where I can get the best advice.
Thanking in anticipation of your responses.


Your's Faithfully
Rohit Rai M.Tech,AMIE(I)
     



     
Download Attachments:
rohit_rai_surya.docx

Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bijoyav
...
...


Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 110

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Future of Str. Engg Reply with quote

The reply by Alok Bhowmick is complete & comprehensive.

From: bsec (forum@sefindia.org)
Sent: ‎10-‎02-‎2016 22:48
To: econf@sefindia.org (econf@sefindia.org)
Subject: {E-CONF2016} Re: Future of Str. Engg


     Dear Mr Rohit Rai,

If you are keen to pursue a career in Structural Engineering, please join a good structural engineering consulting firm and learn the art of designing, detailing, producing calculations which are comprehensive and which can be proof checked.


Further, my advice would be - As a structural engineer, continuously upgrade your knowledge by reading technical journals, attending relevant seminars and workshops and constantly interacting with your counterparts in other organisation, to benchmark yourself. many a times, your organisation may not sponsor you for attending such seminars / workshops. In such cases, do not hesitate to spend your own money to attend such Seminars. Afterall it is your career, which you have to shape.


Please do not forget your social and cultural responsibilities, while working as a structural engineer.


Best Wishes to you


Alok Bhowmick


On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:53 PM, rohit rai forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arun vignesh
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Future of Str. Engg Reply with quote

Thank you Mr. Alok

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: bsec (forum@sefindia.org)
Sent: ‎10/‎02/‎2016 10:50 PM
To: econf@sefindia.org (econf@sefindia.org)
Subject: {E-CONF2016} Re: Future of Str. Engg


Dear Mr Rohit Rai,

If you are keen to pursue a career in Structural Engineering, please join a good structural engineering consulting firm and learn the art of designing, detailing, producing calculations which are comprehensive and which can be proof checked.


Further, my advice would be - As a structural engineer, continuously upgrade your knowledge by reading technical journals, attending relevant seminars and workshops and constantly interacting with your counterparts in other organisation, to benchmark yourself. many a times, your organisation may not sponsor you for attending such seminars / workshops. In such cases, do not hesitate to spend your own money to attend such Seminars. Afterall it is your career, which you have to shape.


Please do not forget your social and cultural responsibilities, while working as a structural engineer.


Best Wishes to you


Alok Bhowmick


On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:53 PM, rohit rai forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
--auto removed--

Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gautam chattopadhyay
...
...


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Future of Str. Engg Reply with quote

thanks alok for your nice advices to the juniors.


gautamda


On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:46 PM, bsec <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
[quote]            Dear Mr Rohit Rai,

If you are keen to pursue a career in Structural Engineering, please join a good structural engineering consulting firm and learn the art of designing, detailing, producing calculations which are comprehensive and which can be proof checked.


Further, my advice would be - As a structural engineer, continuously upgrade your knowledge by reading technical journals, attending relevant seminars and workshops and constantly interacting with your counterparts in other organisation, to benchmark yourself. many a times, your organisation may not sponsor you for attending such seminars / workshops. In such cases, do not hesitate to spend your own money to attend such Seminars. Afterall it is your career, which you have to shape.


Please do not forget your social and cultural responsibilities, while working as a structural engineer.


Best Wishes to you


Alok Bhowmick


On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:53 PM, rohit rai forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org))> wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Econference on State of Structural Engineering Practice and Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


© 2003, 2008 SEFINDIA, Indian Domain Registration
Publishing or acceptance of an advertisement is neither a guarantee nor endorsement of the advertiser's product or service. advertisement policy