www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

For purpose of Inplant training

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Econference on State of Structural Engineering Practice and Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wasireza
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: For purpose of Inplant training Reply with quote

sir,
With warm welcome i would to say that i am studing M.TECH STRUCTURAL Engg. (2nd sem) at SRM University, chennai. I would  like  to  do inplant training in your company.
              So, I request to approve my proposal.For that kind i shall thankful for you
Thank you!
Wasi Reza
M.tech Structural engg.
SRM University , Chennai
contact- 7358331731
On 18-Feb-2016 3:57 pm, "bijoyav" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           I am also of the same of opinion that of Dr NS. Students should take interest in learning.

I my opinion, the interest among students is being killed by the over importance of grading. Do giving grades like "Distinction, First, Second... etc " help in improving quality of education? It may encourage students. Let the forum discuss. I think, it does not improve quality.

Let us think about objective of education. Should an education make him a scientist, teacher, technician, designer, manager? We need all kind of people. In my opinion, there should be absolute flexibility in education. As many suggested, let them have training in their respective fields in industry. Why should all learn structural design? Let me point out that the quality of the training institute will defensively influence the quality of their training.

Four divisions of civil engineering have grown tremendously; (i) Building construction (ii) Water management for irrigation & hydro power, (iii) Environmental Engineering & (Iv) Transpiration Engineering. Even though Geo-technical Engineering & Structural Engineering has applications in all these four divisions, I feel, specialization should not be offered in the under graduate level. Instead, a student should give opportunity to specialize in any of the four divisions. Again, in my opinion, since Architects are learning in detail about building construction, it has to be removed from civil engineering curriculum. Structural engineering being an interdisciplinary subject, it can be offered to all those who have studied basic stress analysis in the undergraduate level ( Architects, Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and MSc Physics with specialization in properties of matter/ stress analysis .. !!)

There is a good point by Alpa Sheth; to learn from whole to parts. Let the curriculum start with Basic Civil Engineering regarding all the four divisions, conduct study tours, learn construction methods, take photographs etc... That subject should not include design, basic mechanics (like Soil, fluid, rock or solid etc), or any theories. If they start from there, they will get more insight as "a whole", while learning "a part"

Bijoy

Posted via Email

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
wasi_reza.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  wasi_reza.pdf
 Filesize:  239.42 KB
 Downloaded:  413 Time(s)

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Econference on State of Structural Engineering Practice and Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: