www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Section Wizard Cross section orientation in STAAD Pro

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sushankdani
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Section Wizard Cross section orientation in STAAD Pro Reply with quote

I am modelling a open web girder in staad pro wherein I was modelling a channel section face to face using a plate element in section wizard of staad pro. After modelling a cross section in section wizard and exporting it to staad pro as GENERAL SECTION, a parameter is there named as "ALPHA ANGLE, FROM GEOMETRIC TO PRINCIPLE AXIS". I am confused as to what will the cross section be after that.  I tried to do 3D rendering, but only line is shown and not the above defined cross section.

Will this channel section face to face modelled using section wizard will behave like a single unit, after not giving the battens?

Can some help me out please?

Below I have attached some files please go through that.

Thanking You.

1.png
 Description:
ALPHA ANGLE screenshot. After doing as per instruction in this picture, how will my cross section look like?
 Filesize:  133.42 KB
 Viewed:  15 Time(s)

1.png

3.png
 Description:
Channel Section Face to Face using Plate element done in staad section wizard
 Filesize:  110.31 KB
 Viewed:  14 Time(s)

3.png

vic-44
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sushankdani,

As you can see in the first image, v axis of drawn section becomes the Y axis of exported section.

The section will behave as single unit when assigned to any member.

STAAD will not render these sections, but you can see these sections in rectangular shape if you turn on the full section view from symbols and labels (shortcut key - Ctrl+2). This will help you check orientation of major or minor axis.

Dear Sefians, please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Vivek Parmar
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: