www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

COUNTER FORT RETAINING WALL

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
majidhussain
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: COUNTER FORT RETAINING WALL Reply with quote

respected seniors

and all structural engineers here

i have stuck in a design of counter fort retaining wall the height of the wall is 10.2m from ground and foundation depth is 1.5m total height "H" is 11.7m SBC we can assume 150kn/sqm
but by taking a L shaped wall only we have to design there is no way to take a heel slab because its on the boundary of the plot

can any one send me excel sheel to solve this issue
its coming on my job now because from one month i am unable to do this

please send me a excel sheet to design a counterfort retaining wall

my mail id is majidhussain37@gmail.com

REGARDS
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er.Majid,
You can provide "L" shaped counterfort retaining wall, by dispensing with the toe slab (you have, perhaps, inadvertently  mentioned "heel slab"). This will, however, entail more length for the heel slab, to satisfy the stability criteria. You can design the same manually, in the same method of designing a retaining wall with heel & toe, by referring to standard text books on RCC design. Being a tall wall, you can also explore the possibility of providing innovative methods such as "retaining walls with relieving platforms" etc.
By the way, did you desire design Excel sheets for your exams also ? !!!

Best wishes,
E S Jayakumar
SURESHDURAIKANNU
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please find attached file
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er. Suresh,
The Excel sheet shows errors. What are ast(... ) & tc(...) commands in Excel?. After rectification, you can work out an example taken from a standard text book in your Excel sheet and show compatibility.

E S Jayakumar
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI Web Site Problems/ Login/Registration Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: