www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

 Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Structural use of Bamboo
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
harsha_mehta_17
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Structural use of Bamboo Reply with quote

Dear all,

I am looking for Indian code for structural use of Bamboo. I find a draft version - NATIONAL BUILDING CODE OF INDIA, PART 6 STRUCTURAL DESIGN
Section 3 Timber and Bamboo: 3B Bamboo[First Revision of SP 7(Part 6/Section 3B)]. I am not sure whether we have a final version of this code. If anyone has come across the final version of  the draft/ code please share it with me.

I highly appreciate if you forward the link regarding relevant material for structural and non-structural use of Bamboo in Asian countries.

Regards,

Harsha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spsvasan
...
...


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Structural use of Bamboo Reply with quote

Dear Er.Harsha Mehta

IS:15912 - 2012 deals with structural use of bamboo

This code is under revision to bring it in tune with NBC 2016. This revision is also likely to include provisions for use of bamboo as reinforcement in rcc elements

Regards
S.P.Srinivasan


harsha_mehta_17 wrote:
Dear all,

I am looking for Indian code for structural use of Bamboo. I find a draft version - NATIONAL BUILDING CODE OF INDIA, PART 6 STRUCTURAL DESIGN
Section 3 Timber and Bamboo: 3B Bamboo[First Revision of SP 7(Part 6/Section 3B)]. I am not sure whether we have a final version of this code. If anyone has come across the final version of  the draft/ code please share it with me.

I highly appreciate if you forward the link regarding relevant material for structural and non-structural use of Bamboo in Asian countries.

Regards,

Harsha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
harsha_mehta_17
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er. Shrinivasanji,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Harsha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chaarukorde
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Structural use of Bamboo Reply with quote

Dear Harsha, 
I think you have an older version of SP 7. The new one has some general insight into the use of bamboo in construction. There are other codes too as listed under:




IS 6874: Method of tests for bamboo
IS 9096: Preservation of bamboo for structural purposes - Code of practice
IS 8242: Methods of tests for split bamboos
IS 13958: Bamboo mat board for general purposes  Specification IS 15476: Bamboo Mat Corrugated Sheets




I hope this solves your purpose.


with regards,
chaaru


On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 8:11 AM, harsha_mehta_17 <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear all,

I am looking for Indian code for structural use of Bamboo. I find a draft version - NATIONAL BUILDING CODE OF INDIA, PART 6 STRUCTURAL DESIGN
Section 3 Timber and Bamboo: 3B Bamboo[First Revision of SP 7(Part 6/Section 3B)]. I am not sure whether we have a final version of this code. If anyone has come across the final version of the draft/ code please share it with me.

I highly appreciate if you forward the link regarding relevant material for structural and non-structural use of Bamboo in Asian countries.

Regards,

Harsha
     



     


Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chaarukorde
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Structural use of Bamboo Reply with quote

Dear Harsha, Please find another Code on Structural Designing Using Bamboo, which is under development. This is a draft version under review. 


Regards,
chaaru


On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Chaaru Korde <chaarukorde27@gmail.com (chaarukorde27@gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]Dear Harsha, 
I think you have an older version of SP 7. The new one has some general insight into the use of bamboo in construction. There are other codes too as listed under:




IS 6874: Method of tests for bamboo
IS 9096: Preservation of bamboo for structural purposes - Code of practice
IS 8242: Methods of tests for split bamboos
IS 13958: Bamboo mat board for general purposes  Specification IS 15476: Bamboo Mat Corrugated Sheets




I hope this solves your purpose.


with regards,
chaaru


On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 8:11 AM, harsha_mehta_17 <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear all,

I am looking for Indian code for structural use of Bamboo. I find a draft version - NATIONAL BUILDING CODE OF INDIA, PART 6 STRUCTURAL DESIGN
Section 3 Timber and Bamboo: 3B Bamboo[First Revision of SP 7(Part 6/Section 3B)]. I am not sure whether we have a final version of this code. If anyone has come across the final version of the draft/ code please share it with me.

I highly appreciate if you forward the link regarding relevant material for structural and non-structural use of Bamboo in Asian countries.

Regards,

Harsha
     



     


Posted via Email



Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
CED13(7702).pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CED13(7702).pdf
 Filesize:  401.81 KB
 Downloaded:  58 Time(s)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chaarukorde
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Structural use of Bamboo Reply with quote

There is a second draft which is also under review and is more latest. Please find attached the same. 

Regards,
chaaru


On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Chaaru Korde <chaarukorde27@gmail.com (chaarukorde27@gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]Dear Harsha, Please find another Code on Structural Designing Using Bamboo, which is under development. This is a draft version under review. 


Regards,
chaaru


On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Chaaru Korde <chaarukorde27@gmail.com (chaarukorde27@gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]Dear Harsha, 
I think you have an older version of SP 7. The new one has some general insight into the use of bamboo in construction. There are other codes too as listed under:




IS 6874: Method of tests for bamboo
IS 9096: Preservation of bamboo for structural purposes - Code of practice
IS 8242: Methods of tests for split bamboos
IS 13958: Bamboo mat board for general purposes  Specification IS 15476: Bamboo Mat Corrugated Sheets




I hope this solves your purpose.


with regards,
chaaru


On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 8:11 AM, harsha_mehta_17 <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear all,

I am looking for Indian code for structural use of Bamboo. I find a draft version - NATIONAL BUILDING CODE OF INDIA, PART 6 STRUCTURAL DESIGN
Section 3 Timber and Bamboo: 3B Bamboo[First Revision of SP 7(Part 6/Section 3B)]. I am not sure whether we have a final version of this code. If anyone has come across the final version of the draft/ code please share it with me.

I highly appreciate if you forward the link regarding relevant material for structural and non-structural use of Bamboo in Asian countries.

Regards,

Harsha
     



     


Posted via Email



Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
CED13(11987)_15092017.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CED13(11987)_15092017.pdf
 Filesize:  1.76 MB
 Downloaded:  60 Time(s)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
harsha_mehta_17
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er. Chaaruji,

Thanks for the info and PDF.

Do you have any idea when it (IS:15912 - 2012 deals with structural use of bamboo)
will be finally publish?


Regards,



Harsha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 5260
Location: Gaithersburg, MD, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was published in 2012 and available. Visit Www. BIS. Org

Best wishes
NS



harsha_mehta_17 wrote:
Dear Er. Chaaruji,

Thanks for the info and PDF.

Do you have any idea when it (IS:15912 - 2012 deals with structural use of bamboo)
will be finally publish?


Regards,



Harsha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 5260
Location: Gaithersburg, MD, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. N. Subramanian wrote:
It was published in 2012 and available. Visit Www. BIS.gov.in

https://services.bis.gov.in:8071/php/BIS/IndStndrdLocatr/ISDetails.php?ID=MjE2Mjk%3D
Best wishes
NS



harsha_mehta_17 wrote:
Dear Er. Chaaruji,

Thanks for the info and PDF.

Do you have any idea when it (IS:15912 - 2012 deals with structural use of bamboo)
will be finally publish?


Regards,



Harsha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mueed rasool
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2017
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Structural use of Bamboo Reply with quote

Nice.... Can i get one copy



On May 27, 2018 10:19 AM, "chaarukorde" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:[quote]            There is a second draft which is also under review and is more latest. Please find attached the same. 

Regards,
chaaru


On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Chaaru Korde chaarukorde27@gmail.com (chaarukorde27@gmail.com))> wrote:
[quote]Dear Harsha, Please find another Code on Structural Designing Using Bamboo, which is under development. This is a draft version under review. 


Regards,
chaaru


On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Chaaru Korde chaarukorde27@gmail.com (chaarukorde27@gmail.com))> wrote:
[quote]Dear Harsha, 
I think you have an older version of SP 7. The new one has some general insight into the use of bamboo in construction. There are other codes too as listed under:




IS 6874: Method of tests for bamboo
IS 9096: Preservation of bamboo for structural purposes - Code of practice
IS 8242: Methods of tests for split bamboos
IS 13958: Bamboo mat board for general purposes Specification IS 15476: Bamboo Mat Corrugated Sheets




I hope this solves your purpose.


with regards,
chaaru


On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 8:11 AM, harsha_mehta_17 forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org))> wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


© 2003, 2008 SEFINDIA, Indian Domain Registration
Publishing or acceptance of an advertisement is neither a guarantee nor endorsement of the advertiser's product or service. advertisement policy