www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Can any one skecth Junction detail for floating column resting over beam. Rather i know floating column is not allowed i

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kumar Praveen
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Can any one skecth Junction detail for floating column resting over beam. Rather i know floating column is not allowed i Reply with quote

Can any one skecth Junction detail for floating column resting over beam. Rather i know floating column is not allowed in is 1893-2016 . But it requires for making elevation.
N. Prabhakar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er. Kumar Praveen,

I am attaching a sketch showing typical reinforcement details in Beam supporting a Floating Column.

Trust you will find this information useful.

With best wishes,

N. Prabhakar
Chartered Structural Engineer
Vasai (E), Pin 401 208

Floating Column.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  152.28 KB
 Viewed:  136 Time(s)

Floating Column.jpg

Kumar Praveen
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Thanku Reply with quote

Sir,
Thankyou very much.
nitinengr
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Can any one skecth Junction detail for floating column resting over beam. Rather i know floating column is not allow Reply with quote

Kumar Praveen wrote:
Can any one skecth Junction detail for floating column resting over beam. Rather i know floating column is not allowed in is 1893-2016 . But it requires for making elevation.

Dear Praveen Kumar,

Detail provided by Mr. N. Prabhakar Sir is typical sketch for the Floating column resting on main beam, but meanwhile also you have to make sure that what support condition you have consider at the time of the designing. Means weather you have consider fix support or hinge support. If you have consider fix support the Ld of the reif. for floating column must be min 50 *d and if it is hinge condition your max. Ld = 30*d.

Thanks
Nitin Patni
Kumar Praveen
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Dear sir. Reply with quote

Dear sir,
I am using this floating column for making elevation  feature(dome) at top of the roof. For this i consider column  as a fixed at base.
Sir i am very thankful to Mr. N. Prabhakar Sir for sharing this useful information
vasanthakumar
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sir,

Concept of bent up is to transfer the load from the floatingcolumn into the top of beam. As this is our assumptions in design that load isacting in the top compression fibre. So, the vertical load will be transferred asshear to the bent-up bars and it will reach top fibre. To arrive the shear inbent up bars (Vertical/Cos 45). Please correct me if I am wrong.<o></o>
hitech
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Can any one skecth Junction detail for floating column resting over beam. Rather i know floating column is not allowed i Reply with quote

The column or any vertical member from beam shall be designed as pinned at the junction meeting with beam. It shall be like concentrated load due to another beam resting at that point.

Thus the detailing shall be as pinned connection as per SP34.Thanks and With Regards

HITESH PAUL GUPTA

HITECH ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS

A-60/1, SFS, SAKET, NEW DELHI - 110017
PHONE: 9810631171, 011-41667895

Posted via Email
N. Prabhakar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,

Referring to my sketch shown in my previous posting, I would like to write that reinforcement in Beam to resist shear force below the location of Floating Column should be as per IS: 456 - 2000 Clause 40.4 by Limit-State method and Clause  B-5.4 by Working Stress method.  

In both these methods, shear resistance by bent up bars shall not be more than  half of the the total shear, and the balance shear is to be resisted by the vertical stirrups.

Trust, you will find the above information useful.

With best wishes,

N. Prabhakar
Chartered Structural Engineer
Vasai (E), Pin 401 208
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: