www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Modelling Masonry wall in Staadpro

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> New Members make Test Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
udayakumar
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Modelling Masonry wall in Staadpro Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

In my staadpro model I need to connect a RCC beam with the Masonry wall. To model the masonry wall in staadpro, I came to know from the earlier discussion in this forum that I cannot use 8 noded solid feature of staadpro. Hence please guide me how to model the masonry wall in staadpro?

Thanks and Regards
R.Udayakumar
Shahid Goundi
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Udayakumar,
modelling block masonry as wall element is not an correct option. You can model it as diagonal strut. Refer IS 1893:2016 for reference
udayakumar
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shahid Sir,

Thankyou for your reply. I have gone through IS 1893 which narrates about the earthquake resistant structures. Can you please elaborate on modelling the masonry wall as diagonal strut and kindly quote few reference material to model the masonry wall in staadpro.

Thanks & Regards
R.Udayakumar
Shahid Goundi
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Udayakumar

Please refer the attach paper for modelling the masonry as strut

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
Modeling of URM Infills and Their Effect on Seismic Behavior of RC.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Modeling of URM Infills and Their Effect on Seismic Behavior of RC.pdf
 Filesize:  1.28 MB
 Downloaded:  781 Time(s)

saikiran gone
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Modelling Masonry wall in Staadpro Reply with quote

udayakumar wrote:
Dear Sir,

In my staadpro model I need to connect a RCC beam with the Masonry wall. To model the masonry wall in staadpro, I came to know from the earlier discussion in this forum that I cannot use 8 noded solid feature of staadpro. Hence please guide me how to model the masonry wall in staadpro?

Thanks and Regards
R.Udayakumar

Hi Mr.Shahid,

I understand that , Mr. Uday is not asking how to model the masonry wall to transfer the seismic forces on to the columns/structure. His query is how to connect the RCC beam to the masonry wall, if I am not wrong.

Mr. Uday, their is no option of connecting the RC beam to the M.wall in the staad. what you can do is, consider the supporting condition as  a pinned & analyse the beam.

Kindly elaborate the design case to suggest the solution.

With Cheer's,
Saikiran Gone.
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> New Members make Test Posts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: