www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Modelling of intze tank.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saurin_trivedi
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Modelling of intze tank. Reply with quote

Hello everyone
My question is how to model intze tank in any software or which one is fast and convinient to do same. Because i need it to carry sloshing analysis in ansys. If any tutorials available then pls forward to saurintrivedi1995@gmail.com.
Pls help.
Thank you.
mallesh_ng
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: SLOSHING EFFECT Reply with quote

I think you can calculate sloshing effect manually as per IIT guideline

"IITK-GSDMA GUIDELINESfor SEISMIC DESIGN OFLIQUID STORAGE TANKS"

]

You can also refer API650 for more information on sloshing effect

Regards
Mallesh N G

SLOSHING EFFECT.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.64 KB
 Viewed:  337 Time(s)

SLOSHING EFFECT.JPG

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
IIT-LIQUID STORAGE TANK.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  IIT-LIQUID STORAGE TANK.pdf
 Filesize:  1.91 MB
 Downloaded:  1344 Time(s)

saurin_trivedi
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Modelling of intze tank. Reply with quote

Hi
I agree with you absolutely i can calculate manually with the reference of iit guidelines and code is1893 part2 2014. That i have done but for my thesis purpose i need to compare the parameters such as hydrodynamic pressure and sloshing wave height obtained from codal results with that obtained from sloshing analysis (fluid-structure interaction)  in ANSYS.  So i got suggestion of ANSYS but i am not practised with it. Therefore i asked for help related to it.
Thank you.

Saurin.
Post new topicReply to topic    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Freshers' Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: