www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

HANDBOOK OF TURBOGENERATOR FOUNDATION
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sukanta.adhikari
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: HANDBOOK OF TURBOGENERATOR FOUNDATION Reply with quote

TURBOGENERATOR FOUNDATION

Dear sefians,

Long back I raised a topic "Writing book by a Btech" vide post
https://sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23402&sid=a6a9de9ea85c10d18e74259fedc148c4

It took 10 years for me to complete my book and finally it is released worldwide, expect in India.

I have been trying hard with publisher  for its release in India, but unfortunately in vain.

Somebody suggested me a noble idea to upload the soft copy of the book, but it is not possible for two reason,

a) A decade ago I have uploaded an article on "Turbo generator foundation" which was downloaded 41000 times in SEFI..

https://www.sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8482....

and after that it has been appearing in many other forum,where I have not posted... Some people are using the content of article in writing technical paper..without giving the reference of my article.Also once it goes to internet ,I myself will be not able to recognize my book later.

b) Also there are terms and condition between publisher and  author.

However I have the liberty to publish the book  with other publisher.
Therefore I am looking for a publisher who can publish my book in India. Outside India it has already been released.

Since I don't have much degrees, expect  a Btech and my experience, therefore I am not eyeing on the big publisher.

I request someone in the forum to help me with the publisher.

Regards
S Adhikari

3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  188.77 KB
 Viewed:  334 Time(s)

3.jpg

TURBO GENERATOR FOUNDATION or TG foundation.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  280.01 KB
 Viewed:  359 Time(s)

sakumar79

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
      Congratulations on your publication.

Regarding publisher in India, you can try ANEbooks though I dont have clear idea how big they are. Recently, they published book "Concrete Sustainability" by Dr. N V Nayak which won ACCE (I) Award.

Contact details are given below

Rathinam--98410 11733
General Manager
Ane Books Pvt Ltd
19/30-Duraiswami Road
T.Nagar-Chennai-17
rathinam@anebooks.com

Yours sincerely
Arunkumar
sukanta.adhikari
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Arun sir. I will try to contact the  publisher mentioned by you.

Regards
S Adhikari

sakumar79 wrote:
Dear Sir,
      Congratulations on your publication.

Regarding publisher in India, you can try ANEbooks though I dont have clear idea how big they are. Recently, they published book "Concrete Sustainability" by Dr. N V Nayak which won ACCE (I) Award.

Contact details are given below

Rathinam--98410 11733
General Manager
Ane Books Pvt Ltd
19/30-Duraiswami Road
T.Nagar-Chennai-17
rathinam@anebooks.com

Yours sincerely
Arunkumar
abhio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er Adhikari,

Congratulations on your publication. I hope you have retained the copyright at least in India. As far as Lambert Academic Publishing goes, please do read this article.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2014/03/lap_lambert_academic_publishing_my_trip_to_a_print_content_farm.html

Regards,

A S Oundhakar
sukanta.adhikari
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Oundhakar<o:p></o:p>

Thanks for your kind word and concern...<o:p></o:p>

I found professor  from eminentengineering colleges are publishing book with the same publisher.I am a smallfile , without higher qualification...Oxford is not going to publish my book.<o:p></o:p>

Some people are there in this forum also whohave publish with this publisher.<o:p></o:p>

The only thing is one should not compromisewith one's principal.If  i feel so I will withdraw.<o:p></o:p>

Regards<o:p></o:p>
S Adhikari<o:p></o:p>

abhio wrote:
Dear Er Adhikari,

Congratulations on your publication. I hope you have retained the copyright at least in India. As far as Lambert Academic Publishing goes, please do read this article.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2014/03/lap_lambert_academic_publishing_my_trip_to_a_print_content_farm.html

Regards,

A S Oundhakar
sukanta.adhikari
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukanta.adhikari wrote:
Dear Mr Oundhakar

Thanks for your kind word and concern...

I found professor  from eminent engineering colleges are publishing book with the same publisher.I am a small lfile , without higher qualification...Oxford is not going to publish my book.

Some people are there in this forum  who also have publish with this publisher.

The only thing is one should not compromise with one's principal.If  i feel so I will withdraw.

Regards
S Adhikari

abhio wrote:
Dear Er Adhikari,

Regards,

A S Oundhakar
rahul.leslie
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir,
Try with Notion Press publishers:

https://notionpress.com/

Rahul Leslie
indrajit-chowdhury
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: HANDBOOK OF TURBOGENERATOR FOUNDATION Reply with quote

Sukanta,

This is IC ( author of the book Dynamics of structures and foundation a unified approach) , just saw your mail.
Can you please call me 9874605676 I can give you some advise and idea. 
Unfortunately you went to a bad predatory publisher like Lampert and has been your main 
 undoing.

Thanks

Indrajit Chowdhuiry

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 11:12 AM sukanta.adhikari <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:

Quote:

Dear sefians,

https://sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23402&sid=a6a9de9ea85c10d18e74259fedc148c4

It took 10 years for me to complete my book and finally it is released worldwide, expect in India.

I have been trying hard with publisher for its release in India, but unfortunately in vain.

Somebody suggested me a noble idea to upload the soft copy of the book, but it is not possible for two reason,

a) A decade ago I have uploaded an article on "Turbo generator foundation" which was downloaded 41000 times in SEFI..

and after that it has been appearing in many other forum,where I have not posted... Some people are using the content of article in writing technical paper..without giving the reference of my article.Also once it goes to internet ,I myself will be not able to recognize my book later.

b) Also there are terms and condition between publisher and author.

However I have the liberty to publish the book with other publisher.
Therefore I am looking for a publisher who can publish my book in India. Outside India it has already been released.

Since I don't have much degrees, expect a Btech and my experience, therefore I am not eyeing on the big publisher.

Regards
S Adhikari

Download Attachments:
3.jpg

Posted via Email
sukanta.adhikari
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: HANDBOOK OF TURBOGENERATOR FOUNDATION Reply with quote

Rahul sir..thanks for providing the link.

IC at present I am in transit..i will call u within couple of days.
Thanks for your concern..i am eager to know know abt ur advice.

I have given 10 years to this book.

Regards
S Adhikari

indrajit-chowdhury wrote:
Sukanta,
This is IC ( author of the book Dynamics of structures and foundation a unified approach) , just saw your mail.
Unfortunately you went to a bad predatory publisher like Lampert and has been your main
undoing.

Thanks

Indrajit Chowdhuiry

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 11:12 AM sukanta.adhikari <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:

Quote:

Dear sefians,

I have been trying hard with publisher for its release in India, but unfortunately in vain.

Since I don't have much degrees, expect a Btech and my experience, therefore I am not eyeing on the big publisher.

Regards
S Adhikari

Download Attachments:
3.jpg

Posted via Email
BS Srinivas
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: HANDBOOK OF TURBOGENERATOR FOUNDATION Reply with quote

indrajit-chowdhury wrote:
Sukanta,

undoing.

Thanks

Indrajit Chowdhuiry

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 11:12 AM sukanta.adhikari <forum> wrote:

Quote:

Dear sefians,

Regards
S Adhikari

Download Attachments:
3.jpg

Posted via Email
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: