www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

HANDBOOK OF TURBOGENERATOR FOUNDATION
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: HANDBOOK OF TURBOGENERATOR FOUNDATION Reply with quote

Dear Er Sukanta,

I wrote a message two times but both times it did not appear in the website due to some problem.

Congrats for the book. You must be happy that the book is published after 10 years! I fully understand your efforts!

I am sorry to note that Lampert is not a good publisher. Several such publishers exist. It is not necessary that you should have Ph.D. for publishing a book.

Several Standard Indian Publishers will publish books only when the subject is prescribed by AICTE. I struggled a lot to publish my book on Space Structures. The current publisher Multi-Science Publishers, UK did not correspond with me at all after the book was published. I just received 20 copies of the book. That is all!

Even if you publish the book from a standard publisher, the whole content will be posted by some scruples fellow in the Net!

Congrats again,

Warm regards
Subramanian

sukanta.adhikari wrote:
TURBOGENERATOR FOUNDATION

Dear sefians,

Long back I raised a topic "Writing book by a Btech" vide post
https://sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23402&sid=a6a9de9ea85c10d18e74259fedc148c4

It took 10 years for me to complete my book and finally it is released worldwide, expect in India.

I have been trying hard with publisher  for its release in India, but unfortunately in vain.

Somebody suggested me a noble idea to upload the soft copy of the book, but it is not possible for two reason,

a) A decade ago I have uploaded an article on "Turbo generator foundation" which was downloaded 41000 times in SEFI..

https://www.sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8482....

and after that it has been appearing in many other forum,where I have not posted... Some people are using the content of article in writing technical paper..without giving the reference of my article.Also once it goes to internet ,I myself will be not able to recognize my book later.

b) Also there are terms and condition between publisher and  author.

However I have the liberty to publish the book  with other publisher.
Therefore I am looking for a publisher who can publish my book in India. Outside India it has already been released.

Since I don't have much degrees, expect  a Btech and my experience, therefore I am not eyeing on the big publisher.

I request someone in the forum to help me with the publisher.

Regards
S Adhikari
sukanta.adhikari
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: HANDBOOK OF TURBOGENERATOR FOUNDATION Reply with quote

Respected NS,

Sorry for a late reply as I was out of station.

Thanks for your kind words.You are always an inspiration for us.

I have contacted you before publishing...you suggested some good publisher...but  since this type of book are special book on a offbeat topic hence publisher will not be interested in such books...and the procure was very lengthy..

You have always been helpful.Thanks for your support.

I know the publisher is not that good....and they are not releasing my book in india.

Anyways what is done cannot be undone..

Indrajit sir has given me a very good advice..lets see in future...what i do..but at last for a year i will take a break.

Always thankful to SEFI forum...without which i could have done nothing.

Regards
S Adhikari

Dr. N. Subramanian wrote:
Dear Er Sukanta,
I wrote a message two times but both times it did not appear in the website due to some problem.

Congrats for the book. You must be happy that the book is published after 10 years! I fully understand your efforts!

I am sorry to note that Lampert is not a good publisher. Several such publishers exist. It is not necessary that you should have Ph.D. for publishing a book.

Several Standard Indian Publishers will publish books only when the subject is prescribed by AICTE. I struggled a lot to publish my book on Space Structures. The current publisher Multi-Science Publishers, UK did not correspond with me at all after the book was published. I just received 20 copies of the book. That is all!

Even if you publish the book from a standard publisher, the whole content will be posted by some scruples fellow in the Net!

Congrats again,

Warm regards
Subramanian

sukanta.adhikari wrote:
TURBOGENERATOR FOUNDATION

Dear sefians,

Long back I raised a topic "Writing book by a Btech" vide post
https://sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23402&sid=a6a9de9ea85c10d18e74259fedc148c4

It took 10 years for me to complete my book and finally it is released worldwide, expect in India.

I have been trying hard with publisher  for its release in India, but unfortunately in vain.

Somebody suggested me a noble idea to upload the soft copy of the book, but it is not possible for two reason,

a) A decade ago I have uploaded an article on "Turbo generator foundation" which was downloaded 41000 times in SEFI..

https://www.sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8482....

and after that it has been appearing in many other forum,where I have not posted... Some people are using the content of article in writing technical paper..without giving the reference of my article.Also once it goes to internet ,I myself will be not able to recognize my book later.

b) Also there are terms and condition between publisher and  author.

However I have the liberty to publish the book  with other publisher.
Therefore I am looking for a publisher who can publish my book in India. Outside India it has already been released.

Since I don't have much degrees, expect  a Btech and my experience, therefore I am not eyeing on the big publisher.

I request someone in the forum to help me with the publisher.

Regards
S Adhikari
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: