www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

AUTHORS @ SEFI - A weekly Essay Series about author luminaries at SEFI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sefi_admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: AUTHORS @ SEFI - A weekly Essay Series about author luminaries at SEFI Reply with quote

Dear SEFIans,

Er. Varyani is one of our most senior SEFIans. He graduated in 1958, much before I would suppose most  SEFIANs  were born. His story as a professional will resonate with  most honest, diligent structural engineers - A life of integrity, humility and passion for engineering without seeking any awards or acknowledgement.

In 2005 Er. Varyani wrote a small autobiographical book on his life as a structural engineer. It has been uploaded on SEFI. It is story, simply told, of his journey of over 45 years in the field of structural engineering.

We reproduce an excerpt from the book. Download Link:  https://www.sefindia.org/forum/download.php?id=12506  or use the link given for pdf file at end of this email.  Or read online using this link https://www.sefindia.org/authors/uh_varyani.htm

Best regards

Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
UH_Varyanai_author_profile-sefindia.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  UH_Varyanai_author_profile-sefindia.pdf
 Filesize:  439.55 KB
 Downloaded:  310 Time(s)

palla_sridhar
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Where is the full copy of the book Reply with quote

Hello.
I liked the chapter 6 of the book, you promoted here.
It was said that the full copy of Er. Varyani autobiography is available.
could you please provide the link
vivek_agrawal
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: AUTHORS @ SEFI - A weekly Essay Series about author luminaries at SEFI Reply with quote

I fill
कृतगया

very emotional

regards

Vivek Agrawal
M.I.E.
CHARTED ENGINEER

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 4:05 AM sefi_admin <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:

Quote:
           Dear SEFIans,

Er. Varyani is one of our most senior SEFIans. He graduated in 1958, much before I would suppose most  SEFIANs  were born. His story as a professional will resonate with  most honest, diligent structural engineers - A life of integrity, humility and passion for engineering without seeking any awards or acknowledgement. 

In 2005 Er. Varyani wrote a small autobiographical book on his life as a structural engineer. It has been uploaded on SEFI. It is story, simply told, of his journey of over 45 years in the field of structural engineering. 

We reproduce an excerpt from the book. Download Link:  https://www.sefindia.org/forum/download.php?id=12506  or use the link given for pdf file at end of this email.  

Best regards

Alpa Sheth

Download Attachments:
UH_Varyanai_author_profile-sefindia.pdf

Posted via Email
hsrai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Where is the full copy of the book Reply with quote

palla_sridhar wrote:
Hello.
It was said that the full copy of Er. Varyani autobiography is available.
could you please provide the link

Please read at:

https://www.sefindia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16671&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=13

hsrai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: AUTHORS @ SEFI - A weekly Essay Series about author luminaries at SEFI Reply with quote

sefi_admin wrote:

Download Links: https://www.sefindia.org/?q=node/748  or use the link given for pdf file at end of this email.  

Do let us know how you enjoy this series.

Posted via Email

Thank you Er. Alpa Sheth for initiating this great series. The opening remarks of yourself set the tone of forthcoming essays. Salute to you for the great first post in this thread.

It was pleasure to read about the work of Dr. N. Subramanian and Er. U H Varyani, and eagerly waiting for Monday and Monday++ Wink

I would like to request (if possible) to post essay in html, rather than pdf, as there are many readers reading such information on diverse screen sizes, aspect ration and orientation, and reading html or epub (ebook format) or flowable format is more comfortable than pdf. Interested person may know more from: https://www.birdsofafeatherpress.com/beginners-ebook-formats/

Authors may also consider to produce eBook in addition to print version.

In my opinion, the most challenging part for any author, is to find (rather manage) time to write book, in the presence of other responsibilities and pressures. It will nice, if authors share some tips on that aspect.

Every author, who shared his knowledge and experience through his /her writings deserves salute.

With kind regards,

hsrai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: AUTHORS @ SEFI - A weekly Essay Series about author luminaries at SEFI Reply with quote

va wrote:
Dr . N. Subramanian is an outstanding Civil and Structural Engineer.

Now we came to know that Dr . N. Subramanian is combo of Civil and Computer Science Engineer.

A pleasant surprise.

Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: AUTHORS @ SEFI - A weekly Essay Series about author luminaries at SEFI Reply with quote

Dear All,

Whatever I typed is not shown here. Hence I am retyping it again.

Prof. Varyani has narrated his experiences very nicely. It is interesting to note that Prof. Varyani bought his first calculator when we went to work in Libya.

I did not know that Prof. Varyani published the books  'Design Tables for Folded Plates' and ''Biaxial Bending of Reinforced Concrete Members' . Of course I have copies of his books 'Design Aids for Limit State Design in Reinforced Concrete Members' (with Radhaji, Khanna Publishers, 2005, 420 pp.)' and 'Design of multi-storeyed buildings'. I am sorry to note that his publisher did not pay him good royalty to his books.

I am very thankful to him for sending his book on his life experiences to my address in USA! Wish Prof. Varyani a happy and peaceful retired life!

A photo of Prof. Varyani would have been welcomed-it may be found here: https://www.sefindia.org/forum/files/lsseuhv05paper1_170.pdf

Best wishes
Subramanian
sefi_admin wrote:
Dear SEFIans,

Er. Varyani is one of our most senior SEFIans. He graduated in 1958, much before I would suppose most  SEFIANs  were born. His story as a professional will resonate with  most honest, diligent structural engineers - A life of integrity, humility and passion for engineering without seeking any awards or acknowledgement.

We reproduce an excerpt from the book. Download Link:  https://www.sefindia.org/forum/download.php?id=12506  or use the link given for pdf file at end of this email.  Or read online using this link https://www.sefindia.org/authors/uh_varyani.htm

Best regards

Alpa Sheth

Posted via Email
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: AUTHORS @ SEFI - A weekly Essay Series about author luminaries at SEFI Reply with quote

Dear Er Rai,

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement.

As you have written "the most challenging part for any author, is to find (rather manage) time to write book, in the presence of other responsibilities and pressures." We need to have good time management.

Warm regards
Subramanian

hsrai wrote:
va wrote:
Dr . N. Subramanian is an outstanding Civil and Structural Engineer.

Now we came to know that Dr . N. Subramanian is combo of Civil and Computer Science Engineer.

A pleasant surprise.
sefi_admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: AUTHORS @ SEFI - A weekly Essay Series about author luminaries at SEFI Reply with quote

Dear All,

We introduce this week a young and active member of SEFI who candidly shares with us his struggles in writing a handbook on Turbo generator foundations - Er. Sukanta Adhikari

I think Sukanta's story is one of grit and passion. Despite not being in the big boys club nor having multiple decades of experience and accompanying goodwill, he forged ahead to write the book he felt that needed to be written. I believe (or hope) that interactions with other SEFIans over the years on the subject of TG foundations helped him in adding heft to the book!

This is the story that needs to be told- If you have something special to say, do it. The path is never easy, but the joy of contributing is unparalleled. 

Here's wishing you luck in writing more books and sharing with us, Sukanta!

Links: Read the story online here or download the pdf from the link at the end of this email. Previous essays under this series are archived here https://www.sefindia.org/?q=node/748

Best wishes,
Alpa Sheth

Note:  Showcasing a sefi author does not necessarily mean endorsing the book.

Posted via Email

Use online scanners
Er_Sukanta_Adhikari_author_profile_sefindia.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Er_Sukanta_Adhikari_author_profile_sefindia.pdf
 Filesize:  861.57 KB
 Downloaded:  3182 Time(s)

AprameyaNagaraja
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:30 am    Post subject: AUTHORS @ SEFI - A weekly Essay Series about author luminaries at SEFI Reply with quote

Namaste to all the Sefians,

May I please request sefians to help giving information on practical reference for design of eccentric footings (like site edge footings and corner footings)
Warm regards 
AN

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 5:08 PM, sefi_admin <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:

Quote:
           Dear All,

We introduce this week a young and active member of SEFI who candidly shares with us his struggles in writing a handbook on Turbo generator foundations - Er. Sukanta Adhikari

I think Sukanta's story is one of grit and passion. Despite not being in the big boys club nor having multiple decades of experience and accompanying goodwill, he forged ahead to write the book he felt that needed to be written. I believe (or hope) that interactions with other SEFIans over the years on the subject of TG foundations helped him in adding heft to the book!

This is the story that needs to be told- If you have something special to say, do it. The path is never easy, but the joy of contributing is unparalleled. 

Here's wishing you luck in writing more books and sharing with us, Sukanta!

Links: Read the story online here or download the pdf from the link at the end of this email. Previous essays under this series are archived here https://www.sefindia.org/?q=node/748

Best wishes,
Alpa Sheth

Note:  Showcasing a sefi author does not necessarily mean endorsing the book.

Download Attachments:
Er_Sukanta_Adhikari_author_profile_sefindia.pdf

Posted via Email
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: