www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Proposed REVISION OF IS:456-2000- Inviting Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rajancivildesign@gmail.co

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Partition walls on slab design Reply with quote

Dear SAFIANS,
IS 456-2000  will give only indicative guidelines on loading of partition walls on slab. The design procedure is not so  elaborate as given in  Reynolds or  any design reference books to guide  the designer how to design a partition wall  over  one way or two way slab comes. A detailed procedure on partition wall on one way and two way slab is presented with some case study problem to give a clear idea for designer for their reference.
V.M.RAJAN

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
Partition wall on slab.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Partition wall on slab.pdf
 Filesize:  2.9 MB
 Downloaded:  769 Time(s)

whitenoise
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject: REVISION OF IS:456-2000:limit states Reply with quote

Dear Members,

You may be aware that there will be 6 'limit state's in the proposed revision of IS:456.
A natural doubt is how to decide the number of limit states ?
What is the basis?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Limit state method Reply with quote

As per existing code there are two states Limit state of collapse and Limit state of serviability. Only after receiving new code, we may know all 6 states of limit state. If any one knows the draft can ellaporate if they knows.
V. M. Rajan.
whitenoise
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject: Limit state design Reply with quote

If we accept that a 'limit state' is a design scenario wherein the structure or a member of the structure approaches a 'limiting condition' or a 'failure condition', in that case we need to have a tool to quantify it.

I wonder how to quantify limit state of 'integrity'.

Although the current philosophy of 'limit state' is largely based on the failure of a member rather than failure of the structure as a whole,the limit state of 'integrity' has something to do with the whole structure, not a single column or beam !
whitenoise
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject: Limit state design Reply with quote

'Capacity design' principles are usually encountered while designing the structure for seismic load.
Does it not relevant also in case of gravity load design?
Can we connect these two names in some way: limit state design and capacity-design ?
That is to say, when we do limit state design for flexure and shear, we intentionally keep the failure probability due to flexure to be higher than that for shear. Is it not the 'capacity-design' ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Frame Analysis for vertical and horizontal load Reply with quote

I herewith attached  analysis of frame material   for refrence.
V.M.RAJAN

Use online scanners
Frame Analysis.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Frame Analysis.pdf
 Filesize:  1.64 MB
 Downloaded:  2142 Time(s)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Toilet slab without beam support Reply with quote

Design of toilet slab without folding beam at intermediate support is attached for reference.
V.M.RAJAN

Use online scanners
Toilet slab.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Toilet slab.pdf
 Filesize:  275.68 KB
 Downloaded:  571 Time(s)

Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Suggested IS 456 Shear Design Provisions Reply with quote

I am glad that Prof. Sahoo at Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi  has proposed some new equationsfor the shear strength of RC beams in the two papers published in the April 2020issue of ICJ, which will be inclided in the future version of IS 456.

My views about the same are enclosed.

Prof. Sahoo's reply to these comments will be published in the May issue of ICJ.

I am enclosing it here for other engineers who may want to know the future changes in IS 456.

Best wishes
NS

Use online scanners
Future IS 456 Shear Design Provisions-Sahoo.docx
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Future IS 456 Shear Design Provisions-Sahoo.docx
 Filesize:  30.24 KB
 Downloaded:  1240 Time(s)

eswar_reddy
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Proposed REVISION OF IS:456-2000- Inviting Comments Reply with quote

It's really a great news sir.
It would be better if, we have added the concrete design requirements like edge distance, embedment length, concrete pryout etc for the anchor bolt design in IS 456 itself.
Provision of the same as a reference in IS 800 also would be appreciable (at the time of it's next revision).
I am aware, you (Dr. N. Subramanian) have already illustrated these requirements in one of your publications which I also strongly recommend.

Dr. N. Subramanian wrote:
Dear All,

I came to know from Mr Sanjay Pant, Director (Civil Engineering)
Bureau of Indian Standards, that they are going to take up the revision of IS 456 soon. Hence our Er Mallick proposed the idea of collecting comments from our SEFIans, which can be passed on to BIS. Hence I am starting this Tread. Please post your comments only in this tread and not in several other places.

Best wishes,
Subramanian
MAHAKUL
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Proposed REVISION OF IS:456-2000- Inviting Comments Reply with quote

sunilgurtoo wrote:
Dear SEFI members,

For the Flat Plat Construction, IS codes should include the use of STUD Rails /Punching Shear Reinforcement which is mostly used as per US codes In us and other parts of the world.
I have seen lot of stuff from internet for the stud rail and punching shear reinforcement technology, but IS codes being the main governing guidelines, it should include the same.

Regards,
Sunil Gurtoo
pune

Sent: 09 January 2013 17:47
To: general@sefindia.org
Subject: [SEFI] Re: Proposed REVISION OF IS:456-2000- Inviting Comments

Dear Sefi Members,

I hope future revision of IS:456 will include section property modifiers (i.e. for I, A etc) for various structural elements (i.e. column, shear wall, link beam, beam, slab etc of RC & PT) to account for cracking for basic guidelines.

Regards
Hemal Mistry
Surat

On Tue, 8/1/13, Dr. N. Subramanian wrote:
--auto removed--

Posted via Email

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: