www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Slotted holes in truss

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheethal
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Slotted holes in truss Reply with quote

Hello everyone.,
  i have modeled 3D structure of a steel structure with truss and column. i have to introduce slotted holes for one end of the truss in the model. is it possible to give slotted holes specification in staad between truss and column? if yes how to do??
if i model separately truss and the column, loads at the end of the column is less. but in 3D forces are more.
Can anybody help me with that?

Regards.

Sheethal
Structural Engineer
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I understand is that the base plate in one of the supports of the truss  is connected to the steel column with bolts passing through slotted holes. Am I correct ? If yes, this will simulate roller supports there. Hope your truss portion alone has already been assigned with "truss" spec.
My idea is  that you provide a support at this joint "Fixed but - Release Fx & Fy". This may induce the roller support property there, and at the same time will transfer the support reactions as axial forces to the columns. I am not quite sure about the efficacy of this. Other members may please comment.

E S Jayakumar
spsvasan

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

es_jayakumar wrote:
What I understand is that the base plate in one of the supports of the truss  is connected to the steel column with bolts passing through slotted holes. Am I correct ? If yes, this will simulate roller supports there. Hope your truss portion alone has already been assigned with "truss" spec.
My idea is  that you provide a support at this joint "Fixed but - Release Fx & Fy". This may induce the roller support property there, and at the same time will transfer the support reactions as axial forces to the columns. I am not quite sure about the efficacy of this. Other members may please comment.

E S Jayakumar

Dear Er.Sheethal

I am generally in agreement with Er.Jayakumar

S.P.Srinivasan
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Srinivasan sir,
1. The questioner has not confirmed, what I understood on the query, is correct.
2. I feel my suggestion is not a very convincing one. Experts in STAAD can point out the exact method to introduce a sliding joint within a structure.

Regards,
E S Jayakumar
samprabhu
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites!

https://apkfasak.com/fmwhatsapp-apk/

https://apkfasak.com/gb-whatsapp-apk/

https://apkfasak.com/mx-player-apk/

https://apkfasak.com/tutuapp-apk/
immortalGoku1452
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the information! Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed information about this. I would love to see more such awesome blog posts from you. YoWhatsApp APK Keep up the Good Work! Thats why I love Download Gbwhatsapp, It has a lot of awesome features.
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: