www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

 Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Looking for beta testers for a new structural loading software

 
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a useful application?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author Message
tribby3d
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 24 Sep 2020
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Looking for beta testers for a new structural loading software Reply with quote

Hello SEFI community,
I'm new here, but I hope that I selected the right subforum for this post. My name is Emil and I'm a structural engineer.

When the corona shutdowns began back in march, I started developing a tool that I hope can help structural engineers to simplify the process of estimating tributary areas for column and wall elements. I call the application Tribby3d. It's running in the cloud and it's getting very close to a stage where it can be tested and evaluated:


Now I'm looking for some talented structural engineers to test the software. You will gain full access to the application once it's up and running during the testing phase.

What do you think? Is this an application that I should continue to develop, or do you have better methods for calculating tributary areas of elements? Let me know what you think, and if youíre interested, you are all very welcome to sign up for the early access beta on the home page:

https://tribby3d.com/

Many thanks,
Emil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tribby3d
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 24 Sep 2020
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put together a video that hopefully should help explaining how Tribby3d works. Feel free to check it out by clicking on the image:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hishamajmalpc
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars


Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cngradz...
Good work

it'll be very useful if it  can directly give Total load & UDL on supporting beams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tribby3d
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 24 Sep 2020
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hishamajmalpc wrote:
Cngradz...
Good work

it'll be very useful if it  can directly give Total load & UDL on supporting beams.


Thank you! Currently Tribby3d focuses on computing column and wall tributary areas, but computing beam UDL as you say would be an extremely valuable feature as well.

Thanks for your comment!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mjnasar
...
...


Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 58

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Do you have any specific Use for tributary area calculator ?

other than presently available soft ware

regards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tribby3d
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 24 Sep 2020
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjnasar wrote:
Hi

Do you have any specific Use for tributary area calculator ?

other than presently available soft ware

regards


Hi mjnasar,
Thanks for your comment. Not sure if I understand your question? The specific use for Tribby3d is to calculate tributary areas of loadbearing elements, so they can be used for structural design.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
srimahesh
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 10
Location: Hyderabad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for beta testers for a new structural loading software Reply with quote

tribby3d wrote:
Hello SEFI community,
I'm new here, but I hope that I selected the right subforum for this post. My name is Emil and I'm a structural engineer.

When the corona shutdowns began back in march, I started developing a tool that I hope can help structural engineers to simplify the process of estimating tributary areas for column and wall elements. I call the application Tribby3d. It's running in the cloud and it's getting very close to a stage where it can be tested and evaluated:


Now I'm looking for some talented structural engineers to test the software. You will gain full access to the application once it's up and running during the testing phase.

What do you think? Is this an application that I should continue to develop, or do you have better methods for calculating tributary areas of elements? Let me know what you think, and if youíre interested, you are all very welcome to sign up for the early access beta on the home page:

https://tribby3d.com/

Many thanks,
Emil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hishamajmalpc
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars


Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribby3d wrote:
hishamajmalpc wrote:
Cngradz...
Good work

it'll be very useful if it  can directly give Total load & UDL on supporting beams.


Thank you! Currently Tribby3d focuses on computing column and wall tributary areas, but computing beam UDL as you say would be an extremely valuable feature as well.

Thanks for your comment!



try to include tributary area for beam also. this will help to calculate beam loads
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tribby3d
SEFI Member
SEFI Member


Joined: 24 Sep 2020
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hishamajmalpc wrote:
tribby3d wrote:
hishamajmalpc wrote:
Cngradz...
Good work

it'll be very useful if it  can directly give Total load & UDL on supporting beams.


Thank you! Currently Tribby3d focuses on computing column and wall tributary areas, but computing beam UDL as you say would be an extremely valuable feature as well.

Thanks for your comment!


try to include tributary area for beam also. this will help to calculate beam loads


Absolutely, this would be great tool for preliminary beam design. @hishamajmalpc feel free to sign up at https://tribby3d.com/sign-up if you're interested in getting access to the beta.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


© 2003, 2008 SEFINDIA, Indian Domain Registration
Publishing or acceptance of an advertisement is neither a guarantee nor endorsement of the advertiser's product or service. advertisement policy