www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Looking for beta testers for a new structural loading software

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a useful application?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

tribby3d
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Looking for beta testers for a new structural loading software Reply with quote

Hello SEFI community,
I'm new here, but I hope that I selected the right subforum for this post. My name is Emil and I'm a structural engineer.

When the corona shutdowns began back in march, I started developing a tool that I hope can help structural engineers to simplify the process of estimating tributary areas for column and wall elements. I call the application Tribby3d. It's running in the cloud and it's getting very close to a stage where it can be tested and evaluated:

Now I'm looking for some talented structural engineers to test the software. You will gain full access to the application once it's up and running during the testing phase.

What do you think? Is this an application that I should continue to develop, or do you have better methods for calculating tributary areas of elements? Let me know what you think, and if youíre interested, you are all very welcome to sign up for the early access beta on the home page:

https://tribby3d.com/

Many thanks,
Emil
tribby3d
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put together a video that hopefully should help explaining how Tribby3d works. Feel free to check it out by clicking on the image:

hishamajmalpc
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cngradz...
Good work

it'll be very useful if it  can directly give Total load & UDL on supporting beams.
tribby3d
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hishamajmalpc wrote:
Cngradz...
Good work

it'll be very useful if it  can directly give Total load & UDL on supporting beams.

Thank you! Currently Tribby3d focuses on computing column and wall tributary areas, but computing beam UDL as you say would be an extremely valuable feature as well.

Thanks for your comment!
mjnasar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Do you have any specific Use for tributary area calculator ?

other than presently available soft ware

regards
tribby3d
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjnasar wrote:
Hi

Do you have any specific Use for tributary area calculator ?

other than presently available soft ware

regards

Hi mjnasar,
Thanks for your comment. Not sure if I understand your question? The specific use for Tribby3d is to calculate tributary areas of loadbearing elements, so they can be used for structural design.
srimahesh
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for beta testers for a new structural loading software Reply with quote

tribby3d wrote:
Hello SEFI community,
I'm new here, but I hope that I selected the right subforum for this post. My name is Emil and I'm a structural engineer.

When the corona shutdowns began back in march, I started developing a tool that I hope can help structural engineers to simplify the process of estimating tributary areas for column and wall elements. I call the application Tribby3d. It's running in the cloud and it's getting very close to a stage where it can be tested and evaluated:

Now I'm looking for some talented structural engineers to test the software. You will gain full access to the application once it's up and running during the testing phase.

What do you think? Is this an application that I should continue to develop, or do you have better methods for calculating tributary areas of elements? Let me know what you think, and if youíre interested, you are all very welcome to sign up for the early access beta on the home page:

https://tribby3d.com/

Many thanks,
Emil
hishamajmalpc
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribby3d wrote:
hishamajmalpc wrote:
Cngradz...
Good work

Thank you! Currently Tribby3d focuses on computing column and wall tributary areas, but computing beam UDL as you say would be an extremely valuable feature as well.

Thanks for your comment!

try to include tributary area for beam also. this will help to calculate beam loads
tribby3d
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hishamajmalpc wrote:
tribby3d wrote:
hishamajmalpc wrote:
Cngradz...
Good work

Thanks for your comment!

try to include tributary area for beam also. this will help to calculate beam loads

Absolutely, this would be great tool for preliminary beam design. @hishamajmalpc feel free to sign up at https://tribby3d.com/sign-up if you're interested in getting access to the beta.
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: