www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Two Books Being Written On The Forum

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uhvaryani
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject: Two Books Being Written On The Forum Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,I wish to draw your attention to the phenomenon taking place on our Forum.
Two books are being written by our eminent engineers,Mr.Suraj Singh Sir and
Mr.Vikramjeet,Sir on two different subjects.The subjects are,
1.Field Engineering,Construction Planning and Management
2Some General View.
I am amazed by the range of coverage they have covered and are in the process of covering.It is wonderful to go through the subjects they have included.
I wish to congratulate them both for the efforts they are putting in.It is a great service to our engineering community.There are many senior engineers on our Forum.I wish they too should think of writing their experiences for the benefit of 
of us all.
with many best wishes regards,
uhvaryani

Virus-free. www.avg.com                 

Posted via Email
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Two Books Being Written On The Forum Reply with quote

Thanks Respected UH Varyani Sir, for inspiration .

My postings are just some memories of working on designs of various structures , and may / may not ideal one , but intent is to highlight issues / situations that can arise in designing . It may provide food for thought for further thinking to structural  & Civil Engineering thinkers/philosophers/designers . Suraj Saheb 's work is highly organised documentation on 'To DO & NOT TO DO ' on Quality, Method Statement and well accepted internationally.

As desired by you Sir ,  will continue The general Book.

With kind regards
vikramjeet

uhvaryani wrote:
Dear Sefians,I wish to draw your attention to the phenomenon taking place on our Forum.
Mr.Vikramjeet,Sir on two different subjects.The subjects are,
2Some General View.
I am amazed by the range of coverage they have covered and are in the process of covering.It is wonderful to go through the subjects they have included.
I wish to congratulate them both for the efforts they are putting in.It is a great service to our engineering community.There are many senior engineers on our Forum.I wish they too should think of writing their experiences for the benefit of
of us all.
uhvaryani

Virus-free. www.avg.com                 

Posted via Email
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further, As Sri Varyani Sir has requested , I also request eminent sefi members , especially those having some little time / retired or engaged as consultants , to write their views on sefi , may be one posting . It can be said  that ONE POSTING A DAY , KEEPS US ALL ON THE WAY ..

Some  8 years ago, many were participating in discussions, but now postings are reduced . May be those involved in active working not getting time due to work pressure . But Retired ones can always share their experiences for benefit of us all
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Two Books Being Written On The Forum Reply with quote

Honourable UHvariyani sahib ko mera namaskar
You are a stalwart engineering personality in engineering domain
I never met you, but viewed your biography of achievements & struggles in life
Really, no definition applies on your life time achievements
I missed a chance to see you in person, when I had been invited by Guru Nanak College of Engineering, for purpose of seismic training for state engineers. I participated in capacity Resource person, but it has been too long back
I was told that you had addressed that training slot through video conferencing & audience were impressed by your responses
I am also, moved by your active skills & continuous participation on Sefi in this age. really, great active stamina!
I am also, surprised that you noticed specifically, certain continuous postings by dynamic lead engineer Mr Vikram Jeet & also, by an average engineer like me
Thanks for your blessings through your comments, but I do not stand at that level
Yes, I am an ordinarily educated, an ordinarily experienced in field of engineering, but I cannot mark me as eminent
I did not find in engineering field of construction & those times of computerless designs, any major use of engineering syllabus, that could fetch only for 25 to 30% requirements
Remaining requirements for all applications were required to be learnt from field only, whilst interacting with world engineering community & other engineering pros
Not more than designs subjects, quantity engineering & certain surveying & also, applied geology & soil proved to some extent useful or otherwise, one had to learn all way through
I still remember those days, when I was thrashed out of interview, for I could not respond to various construction related questions, during some private company interview for Iraq in 1981
I felt too bad that time, but decided to take whatever opportunity I get to learn activities, rather than worrying about position & salary, because in international forums of construction, our education system failed everywhere
I experienced lot of troubles, during my assignments in Iraq, because I had no background of construction & just designs were not regarded on projects, until, one joins an EPC
Well, later I got both opportunities in combination, but successfully,, while designing from first principles, without computers
I got some little experience, which I tried to share with community through book, which I gave to CBS publisher, but that publisher took 1992 to 1996 for release, due to fact that writing contained many hand drawn sketches & it caused an issue with screen printing
He requested me to do some writing for house plans, which I agreed,but my publication did not move positively. It was not well received in Bharat India. Some African & possibly ME nations could support
CBS was upset & therefore, it did not work
My purpose was not to make any money, but to help new engineers, who never could get how to work on sites at global level
I had faced troubles, because no  material existed in those days
I had to learn from skilled foreman & other artisans by conducting time & work management studies & later converting to writing
I did many writings, but publisher required commerce pro writings for university students
Even, no new addition of my first book 1996 Civil Engineering Building Practice was published. I had sent some revised materials to CBS, but he did not care about that
I think that it is better to disseminate about what I know to all, for nothing can go with me or someone else
I was involved on September 12, 2020 in an accident at home, when I could die, bit I got two fractures one in my ankle & one at hips, both left
I was operated & had been in bed for couple of months
Still, I cannot walk safely, but use stick & feel tired, after walking, due to my leg issue
In fact, I cannot call myself now suitable for site activities, which was once my pride
I do not know how could I come out safe from that accident
May be some work is left, which I have to do or life is over
I had recorded my health bulletin link on this forum, but only administrator read
Well, culture of reading & writing is over & all are interested in software support, without even understanding thoroughly, designs & consequences
I can write a lot about this issue, but no use
I am grateful to you that you have encourage these acts
Thanks a lot Variyani Sahib for your kind words

uhvaryani wrote:
Dear Sefians,I wish to draw your attention to the phenomenon taking place on our Forum.
Mr.Vikramjeet,Sir on two different subjects.The subjects are,
2Some General View.
of us all.
uhvaryani

Virus-free. www.avg.com                 

Posted via Email
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suraj Saheb 's posting is heart touching.

Despite struggles in early career , your achievements in Quality Construction management are  recognised.
Being a Structural Designer in initial career and later mastered the  skills of  site  management , that too on International arena  speaks of  shear determination   .

Accidents are always painful. But despite such tragedy , yr wilful guidance on sefi through vibrant postings encourage engineers , young as well as veterans.

With due regards
vikramjeet
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queries and responses on querries are highly reduced , as compared to SEFI discussions few years back.

Serial postings sharing the experiences during career span as past memoirs will benefit all , hope Sri UH Varyani Sir's posting requesting all other members having time , to write on sefi as it will be highly useful to budding as well other engineers .

I followed the trend set up by our Suraj Saheb and trying to write as and when some thing comes , but if others also follow, it will become a  treasurer of technical experience in civil/ structural engineering.

As stated at the outset, postings are reduced , and trend of serial postings can help .
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: