www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

STAAD Pro Connect Edition 22.00.00.15 Flaws in Deflection Check

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SD15
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: STAAD Pro Connect Edition 22.00.00.15 Flaws in Deflection Check Reply with quote

Hello Everyone..I work as a civil engineer in a Japanese Multinational's Oil & Gas Division..Recently I am assigned to a Russian Project where we need to use STAAD Pro Connect Edition (Version 22.00.00.15)..While designing a pipe rack in SP 16 13330 :2011, I observed there is a flaw in deflection check...Earlier I observed the same flaw in all of the previous versions of STAAD Pro (All Select Series)..While checking the deflection of a beam member subjected to Vertical and Lateral loads, STAAD is considering only the vertical deflection for interaction ratio; it is not considering the horizontal deflection generating due to lateral loads acting on it..If this is the way STAAD continues to check the deflections for members, I am sure the same should be rectified soon..

Kindly read all of the attachments..(2 No.s  STAAD files and 1 No. Excel Summary).
Read Excel file for STAAD analysis backup.

Also please get back if anything found unsatisfactory from your viewpoint..

Thanks and Regards,
Soumen Debnath

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
Comparative Study of Frame Design.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Comparative Study of Frame Design.zip
 Filesize:  15.74 KB
 Downloaded:  485 Time(s)

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: