www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Happy Engineers Day
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Happy Engineers Day Reply with quote

Hi All,

Happy Engineers Day to all Engineers-15th Sept.!
Read short Biography of Dr. M. Visvesvaraya here
http://www.iloveindia.com/indian-heroes/m-visvesvaraya.html#.UBlr0VPz2qQ.facebook

Best wishes
NS
Thankful People
3 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.
kishorpss
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

We design,
We construct,
We observe,
We initiate,
We drive,
We move,
We accelerate the world,
We are the gears of progress,
We are the future of nation,
We are the ENGINEERS
and I am proud to be an ENGINEER,

HAPPY ENGINEER'S DAY- 15TH Sept to all.

KISHORE
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Happy Engineers Day. Reply with quote

Dear Civil Engineers,

On this day I feel proud to be a Civil Engineer. Reasons:

1) I feel proud that so many lacs of people are safely living on down stream side of Bhakra Nangal Dam and Sardar Sarover Dam. They go to bad in night without worrying about, WHAT IF FRIENDS OF VASUDEO (Civil Engineers) made a mistake in design.

2) I feel proud to be Civil Engineers that these Dams and their canals have made India rich in FOOD GRAINS and saved lacs and lacs of people from starvation. Remember not long ago our first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru had to buy food grains  from foreign countries (Canada and USA) with hard currency. India's treasury at that that time did not  have much hard currency to spend.  

3) I am proud to be a Civil Engineer when I see in big cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad people driving over these  FLY-OVERS and reaching office in time and not two hrs. late.  While driving over these FLY OVERS they are not even afraid of  WHAT IF FRIENDS OF VASUDEO (Civil Engineers) made a mistake in design.

4) I feel proud to be a Civil Engineer when I see 20 Stories or higher corporate office buildings in Mumbai, Delhi (Noida), Ahmedabad , occupying  office  spaces  and each building housing 500 to 1000 employee's. These employee's  spending about 8 hrs.  to 10 hrs a day, without worrying about WHAT IF FRIENDS OF VASUDEO (Civil Engineers) made a mistake in design.

I can go on, but let me stop here.

HAPPY ENGINEERS DAY.

Vasudeo Pandya P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer

Last edited by VPandya on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
gms15
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Happy Engineers Day Reply with quote

Thank you and wish you the same

To: general@sefindia.org
Sent: Saturday, 15 September 2012 12:54 PM
Subject: [SEFI] Re: Happy Engineers Day

Hi all,

We design,
We construct,
We observe,
We initiate,
We drive,
We move,
We accelerate the world,
We are the gears of progress,
We are the future of nation,
We are the ENGINEERS
and I am proud to be an ENGINEER,

HAPPY ENGINEER'S DAY- 15TH Sept to all.

KISHORE

Posted via Email
Rabinder Shekher
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All
Happy Engineers' Day. I am Honorary secretary of Local centre in my state and while celebrating the day We invited Hon'ble minister For PHE, I&FC of state Govt. to be the chief guest. he advised the state engineers not to become mare supervisors of the work but up grade your skill. yes he is very right in saying so even if we think that his statement was not to the expectations of the engineers. But was the statement true in real sense? No because no engineers of the state are encouraged for capacity building by sending them for higher studies(M.Tech/PhD etc), no engineer even ever gets any chance to visit the mega project to upgrade his skill. In govt. offices there is no Autocad installed in computers, no design software, no data banks which could be referred for investigation and reference in future. Even in my state we engineers don't have regularization and as such the executive engineer retires at the scale of AE or even JE. We don't become FIE of IEI(India) and what could be we more than supervisors of the work.
This is the time to think while celebrating the 45th. engineers' day
I want my dear to be at the top but will not pull his arms or support him to stand.
With Regards
rabinder
a-n-k-u-r
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy Engineers day to all .  may be em bit late . Razz
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Engineers Day Reply with quote

Dear All,

Best wishes
NS
Dr. N. Subramanian wrote:
Hi All,

Read short Biography of Dr. M. Visvesvaraya here
http://www.iloveindia.com/indian-heroes/m-visvesvaraya.html#.UBlr0VPz2qQ.facebook

Best wishes
NS

Engineers Day.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.5 KB
 Viewed:  1138 Time(s)

Engineers Day.jpg

N. Prabhakar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,

Today 15th September is Engineer’s Day which is in honour of the great Statesman and Engineer Bharat Ratna Sir M. Visvesvaraya whose birth day falls on the same day.  

I had the privilege of meeting this great man and taking his blessings when I was a young student of 2nd year Civil in B.M.S. College of Bangalore in 1955 when I showed my painting of him which I presented to the college later.  I had taken a prior appointment from his secretary to meet him.  At the appointed time, he met me, dressed up in full suit !!!    He was then 95 years old.  Such was his discipline and dignity in every walk of life.  Although the meeting was very brief, but I cannot forget it in my life.

With best wishes,

N. Prabhakar
Chartered Structural Engineer
Vasai (E)
NareshBeniwal
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Happy Engineers Day Reply with quote

Respected Sir,
Wishing you a Very Happy Engineers Day to All You......

On 15 September 2015 at 13:38, N. Prabhakar <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear Sefians,

Today 15th September is Engineer’s Day which is in honour of the great Statesman and Engineer Bharat Ratna Sir M. Visvesvaraya whose birth day falls on the same day.

I had the privilege of meeting this great man and taking his blessings when I was a young student of 2nd year Civil in B.M.S. College of Bangalore in 1955 when I showed my painting of him which I presented to the college later. I had taken a prior appointment from his secretary to meet him. At the appointed time, he met me, dressed up in full suit !!! He was then 95 years old. Such was his discipline and dignity in every walk of life. Although the meeting was very brief, but I cannot forget it in my life.

]https://scontent.fbom1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/q90/s720x720/529468_3499101453839_1990205256_n.jpg?oh=ff9b2cc43dde4bba48dd4262b087e9b9&oe=56A828B9">

With best wishes,

N. Prabhakar
Vasai (E)

Posted via Email
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er Prabhakar,

Great to note that you met Bharat Ratna Sir M. Visvesvaraya, when you were studying  2nd year Civil Engg, at B.M.S. College of Bangalore during 1955. It is also great to note that you had excellent painting skills at that time itself (your painting is really good)!

May be that meeting moulded you as a great Civil & Structural engineer!

Thanks for sharing the info.

Best regards,
NS

N. Prabhakar wrote:
Dear Sefians,

I had the privilege of meeting this great man and taking his blessings when I was a young student of 2nd year Civil in B.M.S. College of Bangalore in 1955 when I showed my painting of him which I presented to the college later.  I had taken a prior appointment from his secretary to meet him.  At the appointed time, he met me, dressed up in full suit !!!    He was then 95 years old.  Such was his discipline and dignity in every walk of life.  Although the meeting was very brief, but I cannot forget it in my life.

With best wishes,

N. Prabhakar
Vasai (E)
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: