www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Happy Engineers Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Engineers Day. Reply with quote

Dear SEFI Friends ,

ASCE  ENGINEERS WEEK  18-24 Feb. 2018 .   Let us see what we can do in the area of PUBLIC - SAFETY , which is our business . An example recently 200, 000.0 people were evacuated in a DAM FAILURE  in California , USA .

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E.
Structural Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
VPandya wrote:
Dear Sefi Engrs,  
Happy Engineers Day.  I am a proud Civil/Structural Engineer because we can create such  AWESOME  structures. I just came back from San Francisco, CA USA and drove over these AWESOME structures ( Famous Bay Bridge area structures, Flyovers, Cable supported Bay Bridge) . Pictures are attached.  Let other professions  glorify their profession, for us these pictures speaks  for us.

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E.
Structural Engineer

Structural Eng-2.jpg
 Description:
Awesome Structural Engineering
 Filesize:  123.71 KB
 Viewed:  366 Time(s)

Structural Eng-2.jpg

Structural Eng-1.jpg
 Description:
Awesome Structural Engineering
 Filesize:  6.52 KB
 Viewed:  389 Time(s)

Structural  Eng-1.jpg

ankitajii90
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Fell Proud that I am also an engineer.
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject: Look what we can create ? But no one talks about us Structural Engineers . Reply with quote

Dear Sefi Engineers ,
In spite of the fact that we Structural Engineers can create such AWESOME  Structures,  no body in media , PRINT  OR ELECTRONIC  talks about us Structural Engineers . Example of our Awesome creation :  

"  Interstate H-3 on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, USA
The US Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration defines an ‘interstate highway’ as one that can connect states or that can act as a defense-access road. And H-3, sometimes called the John A. Burns Freeway, links Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam on Oahu’s south shores with Marine Corps Base Hawaii on the island’s east coast. Drive this road of Hawaiian tropical beauty as if sipping a fine wine: H-3 ranks as one of the most expensive US highways ever built, in terms of its cost per mile. The final price tag for construction was $1.3 billion when it was completed in 1997 for a length of 15.32 miles, or approximately $80 million per mile. "

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E.
Structural Engiuneer

Structural Engi eering .png
 Description:
INTERSTATE H-3
 Filesize:  228.51 KB
 Viewed:  305 Time(s)

Structural Engi eering .png

ferozpatthan
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Look what we can create ? But no one talks about us Structural Engineers . Reply with quote

If any structure works well they will praise the Architect and if any thing goes wrong it is the Structural Engineer who will bear the brunt
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Look what we can create ? But no one talks about us Structural Engineers . Reply with quote

Structural engineer shall never get any credit, because blue collar should not expect any credit
Yes, debit is to be shared, because Architects are white collars, educated only
They cannot understand executive engineering
Just keep working without expecting any credit
God shall deliver justice

ferozpatthan wrote:
If any structure works well they will praise the Architect and if any thing goes wrong it is the Structural Engineer who will bear the brunt
prabhat67
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Look what we can create ? But no one talks about us Structural Engineers . Reply with quote

While a project is being conceptualised, all consultants and vendors work as per their scope of work alotted to them. Structural engineers please look at your scope of works and compare with the rest of consultants and their scope .. Its not about white collar etc.. you get credit for what you do .. Ours system facilitates architects to drive the project on Clients behalf .. hence they have more controls over project.
suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject: Quality & Workmanship Reply with quote

Quality & Workmanship
I have been experiencing attitude of general civil engineers, unbecoming in professional execution of activities
Engineers in field are being met, with deficit experience, not in line to required efficiency
It may be quality or workmanship, engineers are not bothered about
They just interest to produce items, without complying with industrial standards
Job of engineer is seen by public on sites & not in designs
Designs may be finest, but site spoils designs
Engineers do not know requirements & standards, but keep moving progress, with defective quality, which costs time & cost too heavily
Such deficit acts adversely impact contract's basic structures that mandates on project
It lies on shoulders of engineers to prove their worth, by delivering acceptable & value added works
Architects & Services engineers are not attacked & cannot be attacked, for quality & strength of works
Engineer has to work as a site man as well, in addition to design leader
Site depends upon engineers performance
Experience does not support engineers working professionally on executive engineering
How then can engineer get credit for delivering substandard works?
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject: ASCE DAY . 167th Anniversary . Reply with quote

Dear Sefi  Engrs .

From Latest  ASCE  SMARTBRIEF  dated 5/11/2019  :

ASCE  celebrates the Society’s founding on November 5, 1852. Twelve esteemed engineers gathered at New York City’s Croton Aqueduct to establish what would become the American Society of Civil Engineers. 2019 marks ASCE’s 167th anniversary.

Join in celebrating ASCE Day!

Web- Link :

https://www.asce.org/asceday/

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E.
Structural Engineer

ASCE DAY .jpg
 Description:
HAPPY ASCE DAY 167 years old institution
 Filesize:  122.17 KB
 Viewed:  263 Time(s)

ASCE  DAY .jpg

suraj
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Engineers Day As I Celebrated Reply with quote

Engineers Day As I Celebrated

https://www.facebook.com/pesuraj/videos/2971203642895787/
& Other Videos URL
https://www.facebook.com/pesuraj/allactivity?entry_point=profile_shortcut&privacy_source=activity_log&log_filter=photos&category_key=photos
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Happy Engineers day . Reply with quote

Dear Civil Engineers,

On this day I feel proud to be a Civil Engineer. Reasons:

1) I feel proud that so many lacs of people are safely living on down stream side of Bhakra Nangal Dam and Sardar Sarover Dam. They go to bed in night without worrying about, WHAT IF FRIENDS OF VASUDEO (Civil Engineers) made a mistake in design.

2) I feel proud to be Civil Engineer that these Dams and their canals have made India rich in FOOD GRAINS and saved lacs and lacs of people from starvation. Remember not long ago our first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru had to buy food grains  from foreign countries (Canada and USA) with hard currency. India's treasury at that that time did not  have much hard currency to spend.  

3) I am proud to be a Civil Engineer when I see in big cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad people driving over these  FLY-OVERS and reaching office in time and not two hrs. late.  While driving over these FLY OVERS they are not even afraid of  WHAT IF FRIENDS OF VASUDEO (Civil Engineers) made a mistake in design.

4) I feel proud to be a Civil Engineer when I see 20 Stories or higher corporate office buildings in Mumbai, Delhi (Noida), Ahmedabad , occupying  office  spaces  and each building housing 500 to 1000 employee's. These employee's  spending about 8 hrs.  to 10 hrs a day, without worrying about WHAT IF FRIENDS OF VASUDEO (Civil Engineers) made a mistake in design.

I can go on, but let me stop here.

Note :

I am  also attaching a CASE  ( Council Of American Structural Engineers )  Document , Check List for final GFC ( Good For Construction ) drawings .

HAPPY ENGINEERS DAY.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E.
Structural Engineer

Engineers Day.jpg
 Description:
Sir M Visvesvaraya's Birth Day .
 Filesize:  227.25 KB
 Viewed:  172 Time(s)

Engineers Day.jpg

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
CASE_962-D_with_Appendices.pdf
 Description:
CHECK LIST FROM CASE (Council of American Structural Engineers) for GFC ( Good For Construction ) Drwaings .

Download
 Filename:  CASE_962-D_with_Appendices.pdf
 Filesize:  333.03 KB
 Downloaded:  378 Time(s)

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: