www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Books for Stadd Pro.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junvijay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Books for Stadd Pro. Reply with quote

Dear sirs,

Pls suggest some books to learn STADD Pro.

Regards,
VK
Thankful People
1 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.
rajancivildesign@gmail.co

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Book on Staad Pro Reply with quote

Dear Vijay,
There are some Staad Pro books available in the market. They give only basic idea of Staad Pro for normal cases. They did not dealt even wind and earthquake analysis.
Book on"Learn Staad Pro" (year 2004) by D. Rajendran, Design Tech, Coimbatore and Staad Pro  2007 using American code" by Munir Ahmed, SDC Publishers are availble. Recently one author Sivakumar Naganathan also wrote " Learn Staad Pro yourself".
My advice is better to go through Staad Manual and some private circulation notes on Staad Pro. A lot of notes and Tutorials are available in the internet. I also post one web site about on line course material on Staad Pro. Kindly go through and learn things. If you want I shall sent some tutorial problem. Kindly contact through email.
rajancivildesign@gmail.com.
V.M.RAJAN.
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book ,
Using STAAD Pro 2007 - By Munir Hamad - Shroff Publishers ...(www.shroffpublishers.com)

is a good book, though based on American Code.

E S Jayakumar
brahmabul
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are various CADD centres all over India which give training on STAAD. Though I doubt their credibility but can someone tell if that training is any good?
junvijay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Book on Staad Pro Reply with quote

Dear Rajan Sir,

Thanks for you Kind advice.

rajancivildesign wrote:
Dear Vijay,
There are some Staad Pro books available in the market. They give only basic idea of Staad Pro for normal cases. They did not dealt even wind and earthquake analysis.
Book on"Learn Staad Pro" (year 2004) by D. Rajendran, Design Tech, Coimbatore and Staad Pro  2007 using American code" by Munir Ahmed, SDC Publishers are availble. Recently one author Sivakumar Naganathan also wrote " Learn Staad Pro yourself".
My advice is better to go through Staad Manual and some private circulation notes on Staad Pro. A lot of notes and Tutorials are available in the internet. I also post one web site about on line course material on Staad Pro. Kindly go through and learn things. If you want I shall sent some tutorial problem. Kindly contact through email.
rajancivildesign@gmail.com.
V.M.RAJAN.
mayileru
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Books on Staadpro Reply with quote

DearMr. Rajan,

I will be too grateful if you can mail me the tutorial problems and I will get trained.My mail id is mayileru@gmail.com.

Thanking you in advance.

RM.Mayileru
rajesh a
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear rajan sir,

Please any one share the staad pro materials it will help us

Regards
RAJESH
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Use these three manuals. Do 3 tutorials in first. Reply with quote

Dear Seifn's Friends,

In Training/Mentoring young Structural Engineers class, I recommended following STAAD/PRO manuals with worked out examples which comes with the software, when you buy STAAD/PRO .

1) STAD/PRO V8i. Getting Started Manual. This has 3 tutorials. Do all three. This is
where one starts for learning STAAD/PRO. Get a hard copy of this manual and go
through all tutorials.
2) STAAD/PRO V8i. Verification Manual. This has 22 examples solved in given
references. Do as many as you can or you need to. This will built your confidence
in using STAAD/PRO.
3) STAAD/PRO V8i. Technical Reference Manual. This has detail
Theoretical/Mathematical explanations with examples, on how STAAD/PRO works.
No one should attempt to skip this manual.

I do not think you will need any other reference for learning STAAD/PRO.

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer
picajol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This also seems like an interesting book:

http://www.amazon.com/SWAY-METHODS-DESIGN-MULTI-STOREY-BUILDING/dp/363933650X/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1352272307&sr=8-7&keywords=STAAD
manoj_kumar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear rajan sir.

if you have some fruitful tutorials , do forward it to mbistey@gmail.com. I would be higly grateful to you.

Sincerely yours
Manoj Kumar
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: