www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Limit State Design of Highway Bridges as per IRC 112
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgirireddy
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Limit State Design of Highway Bridges as per IRC 112 Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,
                      I am new to bridge Engineering and I have been given a task to design a River bridge of 3 spans of  35m  using limit state design as per IRC 112, can anybody help me out in giving any reference design or handbook reference for limit state design.

Thanking you,
Giri Reddy
pvsrao
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Limit State Design of Highway Bridges as per IRC 112 Reply with quote

You may refer Bridge Engg by Victor.
Pvsrao On 5 Jul 2013 20:32, "mgirireddy" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear Sefians,
                     I am new to bridge Engineering and I have been given a task to design a River bridge of 3 spans of 35m using limit state design as per IRC 112, can anybody help me out in giving any reference design or handbook reference for limit state design.

Thanking you,
Giri Reddy

Posted via Email
mgirireddy
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Limit State Design of Highway Bridges as per IRC 112 Reply with quote

[quote="pvsrao"]You may refer Bridge Engg by Victor.
Pvsrao On 5 Jul 2013 20:32, "mgirireddy" <forum> wrote:
Quote:
            Dear Sefians,
                     I am new to bridge Engineering and I have been given a task to design a River bridge of 3 spans of 35m using limit state design as per IRC 112, can anybody help me out in giving any reference design or handbook reference for limit state design.

Thanking you,
Giri Reddy

Thank you for the advice sir.

Posted via Email
Surendra S
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Limit State Design of Highway Bridges as per IRC 112 Reply with quote

Congrats Mr Reddy

My sincere advice is to join a company which deals with infrastructure projects.. you will have all facilities along with seniors to guide.. this is the only effective way to learn designs

SS

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM, mgirireddy <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear Sefians,

Thanking you,
Giri Reddy

Posted via Email
ganga ram pandit
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Limit State Design of Highway Bridges as per IRC 112 Reply with quote

sorry im anable to design due to lacke of knowlage {im in 5th sem}

On 7/5/13, mgirireddy <forum@sefindia.org> wrote:
Quote:
Dear Sefians,
                      I am new to bridge Engineering and I have been given a task to design
a River bridge of 3 spans of  35m  using limit state design as per IRC 112,
can anybody help me out in giving any reference design or handbook reference
for limit state design.

Thanking you,
Giri Reddy

Posted via Email
pardeep_hans
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Limit State Design of Highway Bridges as per IRC 112 Reply with quote

This is not the way to give answer. If you does not know simply say no.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Surendra S <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
[quote]            Congrats Mr Reddy

My sincere advice is to join a company which deals with infrastructure projects.. you will have all facilities along with seniors to guide.. this is the only effective way to learn designs

SS

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM, mgirireddy forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org))> wrote:
      --auto removed--

Posted via Email
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Johnson Victor book cover LSD & latest IRC Code ?

E S Jayakumar
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Limit State Design of Highway Bridges as per IRC 112 Reply with quote

ganga ram pandit wrote:

On 7/5/13, mgirireddy <forum> wrote:
Quote:
Dear Sefians,
for limit state design.

Thanking you,
Giri Reddy

Posted via Email

I feel budding Engineers should preferably be very conscious about their punctuation and grammar, if they are to make any impression.
thirumalaichettiar
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Limit State Design of Highway Bridges as per IRC 112 Reply with quote

es_jayakumar wrote:
ganga ram pandit wrote:

On 7/5/13, mgirireddy <forum> wrote:
Quote:
Dear Sefians,
for limit state design.

Thanking you,
Giri Reddy

Posted via Email

I feel budding Engineers should preferably be very conscious about their punctuation and grammar, if they are to make any impression.

It seems that these are not buddiing engineers but am afraid they are spam spreader. Admin should take good care of the forum.
T.RangaRajan.
kamal
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Limit State Design of Highway Bridges as per IRC 112 Reply with quote

Is it a continuous bridge

On Friday, July 5, 2013, mgirireddy wrote:
Quote:
           Dear Sefians,

Thanking you,
Giri Reddy

Posted via Email
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: