www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Shear Wall design in staad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SANJEEV KASLIWAL
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: I have send the file Shearwall.std to all who requested. Reply with quote

pl send the model with shear wall design

My email id is kasli25@yahoo.co.in

thanks

sanjeev kasliwal

VPandya wrote:
Dear Ers. Manoj Kumar/RkYadav/SS Mann/Avijit Ghosh,

I have send the file  "Shearwall.std"  to all who requested.  

Note:  Er.  K. Gangadharanji  could you to tell me how to use your E-Mail.

Please resend me your E-Mail address such that I can type it in my E-Mail box.    

Regards.

Vasudeo  Pandya  P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer
SANJEEV KASLIWAL
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: I have send the file Shearwall.std to all who requested. Reply with quote

Kindly send me the said input files for shear wall.

my mail id is kasli25@yahoo.co.in

regards

sanjeev kasliwal

VPandya wrote:
Dear Ers. Manoj Kumar/RkYadav/SS Mann/Avijit Ghosh,

I have send the file  "Shearwall.std"  to all who requested.  

Note:  Er.  K. Gangadharanji  could you to tell me how to use your E-Mail.

Please resend me your E-Mail address such that I can type it in my E-Mail box.    

Regards.

Structural Engineer
prav_77
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear sir,
               i have similar problem.. please send those files too..
my email id  :
                      prav.svnit@gmail.com
fazal_mahmud_siddique
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I have send the file Shearwall.std to all who requested. Reply with quote

My email id is  fazalarju@gmail.com

thanks

F.M.Siddique

Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: You can easily do SHEAR WALL Design in STAAD/PRO. Reply with quote

Dear Er Pandyaji,

Instead of sending the file to each and every one, you may send it to Er Sanjeev Kumar <phoenixwebtech>, who will upload it to the SEFINDIA site.

Regards,
NS
VPandya wrote:
Dear Er.  Kshitij Tare,

Last year around this time I send these two STAAD/PRO Model showing how to design SHEAR WALLS in STAAD/PRO.  If you send me your E-Mail address I will send the same two STAAD/PRO Model input files. You are doing something wrong that is why you are getting this errors.  

From my previous SEFI post  around this time last year:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am attaching two STAAD Model input files.
1) EXAMP09.std.  Example 9     (U.S. Example).  This is a good example for using Plate & Shell elements.  
2) Shearwall.std.   Shear Wall FRAME Interaction Model.  This is a Multi Storied Building with Shear Wall.  This is done to show  how to  generating  Model . (Bentley Support People). In real Building Shear Wall location will not be like this, only on one edge. So use it for how to Generate  your Model and Design Shear Wall.   Also see the reinforcement design of  Shear Wall.  
3) Read  Section 3.8 Designing Elements, Shear Walls , Slabs of  STAAD  TECH.  REF.  Manual page 214 to 224. FOR  FIRST TIME USERS    
THIS  ITEM -3,  10  PAGES  ARE  A  MUST READ  USING PLATE  &  SHELL ELEMENTS  FOR  SHEAR WALL DESIGN.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards.
Structural Engineer
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Thanks. I will just do that. Reply with quote

Dear  Dr.  Subramanian,

Thanks.  I will just do that. I did not know this and SEFI would not let me attach  STAAD/PRO  input files with  .std  extension.

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya P.E.; S.E.
Structural Engineer
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: SHEAR WALL FRAME INTERACTION FILES. Reply with quote

Dear SEFI Ers,

Many SEFI Enrs have asked for these two files  or  SHEAR  WALL  FRAME  INTERACTION  ANALYSIS.  Here they are attached (Zipped).  

The two files you requested are attached.

a) Attach is the STAAD/PRO input file on Shear Wall  analysis and Design,   " Shearwall.std  " .  This multistory Shearwall-Frame Interaction model was developed by  STAAD/PRO Tech. Support group  and sent to me at my request.  I would not have put Shear Wall only on one side of building . I would have put second Shear Wall on the other side also. And for other direction I would rely on MOMENT FRAMES  or  a Bracing Bay , or some thing like that. So this model  Shearwall.std  is just to help us generate a Shear Wall Frame interaction Model for analysis and Design in STAAD/PRO.

b) EXAMP09.std.

Regards.  

Vasudeo   Pandya  P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
EXAMP09 (1).zip
 Description:
Examp09.std. Staad Examp file.
Shearwall.std . Shear Wall frame Interaction Model File

Download
 Filename:  EXAMP09 (1).zip
 Filesize:  2.92 KB
 Downloaded:  1014 Time(s)

sharmapuneetk
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Shear wall Modelling Reply with quote

Sir Can anyone send a STAAD file for shear wall Design at the following email ID sharmapuneetk07@gmail.com

Thanking You

Puneet
hemaljshah
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am submiting one staad file in which design of shearwall as per is 456 done. hope it will be useful..

Use online scanners
shearwall.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  shearwall.rar
 Filesize:  2.39 KB
 Downloaded:  877 Time(s)

VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: I have send the file Shearwall.std to all who requested. Reply with quote

fazal_mahmud_siddique wrote:

My email id is  fazalarju@gmail.com

thanks

F.M.Siddique

Dear  Er. Siddiqueji,
Your E-Mail comment:
"Dear Pandya, Thank you very much . But on running "shear wall.std" it shows two error message" Please elaborate the meshing procedure in step"MSword
". I will be highly obliged. Your siddique,
fazalarju@gmail.com"

I ran again on my computer and I get these warning messages:
1)
**WARNING:IF THIS UBC/IBC ANALYSIS HAS TENSION/COMPRESSION OR  REPEAT LOAD  OR  RE-ANALYSIS OR SELECT OPTIMIZE, THEN EACH UBC/IBC  CASE  SHOULD BE FOLLOWED BY PERFORM  ANALYSIS & CHANGE.

2) Fatal Error:
****ERROR: Indian (Concrete) Code is not supported.

The second  Fatal Error message is simple, I have only U.S. Design Code with my STAAD/PRO, no Indian Design Codes. Cost money to have both. For the first message warning I have contacted   STAAD/PRO tech support , let us see what they have to say if this affects the results.  Warning messages usually do not affect final reults but it is good to know them and fix  them.

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer

TODAY  25/04/2014 , I  GOT  THIS ANSWER FROM  BENTLEY SUPPORT  PEOPLE:

QUESTION:  
1)
**WARNING:IF THIS UBC/IBC ANALYSIS HAS TENSION/COMPRESSION OR  REPEAT LOAD  OR  RE-ANALYSIS OR SELECT OPTIMIZE, THEN EACH UBC/IBC  CASE  SHOULD BE FOLLOWED BY PERFORM  ANALYSIS & CHANGE.

ANSWER:  This has to do with Seismic Load Generation.  You can ignore this warning if you are not  generating Seismic Loads  in your model.  

Technical Support Group
Bentley Systems, Incorporated

Although the warning message mentionsUBC/IBC, it is applicable to seismic load generation as per any of the codes including the NBC of Canada. It is a generic warning and is provided wheneverthe software finds that an automatic seismic load generation has been used,irrespective of whether member  tension/compression/REPEAT LOAD/MEMBER SELECTION has been used or not. In your case, since neither of these exist, you may simply ignore the warning. Else you may simply get rid of these warnings by adding the PERFORM ANALYSIS and CHANGE after each seismic case as shown next.
        LOAD 1 SEISMIC LOAD +X

• NRC LOAD X 1
    PERFORM ANALYSIS
    CHANGE
    ************************************************************************************
    LOAD 2 SEISMIC LOAD +Z
    ************************************************************************************
    NRC LOAD Z 1
    PERFORM ANALYSIS
    CHANGE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: