www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Gems of Structural Enginnering: Dr. C.S. Viswanatha

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Engineering Marvels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Gems of Structural Enginnering: Dr. C.S. Viswanatha Reply with quote

Dr. C S Vishwanatha
Chairman
Civil-Aid Technoclinic Pvt. Ltd.

Dr. C S Vishwanatha is graduated in Civil Engineering with distinction from Mysore University in 1960 and Obtained Master’s & Doctorate Degree in Structural Engineering from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. He served as a Member of Faculty at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore during 1963-1980 and subsequently joined Torsteel Research Foundation in India and at present serving as
“Chief Executive” at Bangalore.

Specialization
His fields of specialization include Concrete Technology, Concrete and Steel Structures, Hydraulic Structures, Precast Constructions and Renovation / Restoration / Rehabilitation of structures.

Books
Dr. Vishwanatha has published about 80 technical papers in National and International Journals, edited Torsteel Technical Bulletins during 1981-93 and co-authored Torsteel Design Handbook published by Tata McGraw-Hill in 1988.

Awards
He has received the following awards /honor-
• Awarded “ACCE Gaurav Award – 2000” by Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India) for significant contribution to Civil Engineering Consultancy.
• Honoured by India Chapter of American Concrete Institute in June 2003 for dedicated contributions in the field of “Reinforcements”.
• Honoured with “ICI (KBC)-Birla Super Endowment Award” for being the “Outstanding Concrete Technologist” of Karnataka for the year 2003 by the Indian Concrete Institute, Karnataka-Bangalore Centre.
• Honoured with “Vishveshavariya Construction Excellence Award – 2004” in March 2005 by M/s Construction and Business Records, Navi Mumbai for being an “Outstanding Engineer’
• The structure “Sabhabhavana at Kudalasangama (North Karnataka)” designed by his organization under his guidance was awarded “ACCE Simplex Award” in September 2005 for being an “Outstanding Structure”.
• He was awarded “National Design Award 2005” by Institution of Engineers (India) for outstanding contribution in the field of “Engineering Designs”.
• He was awarded “ICI-L&T Lifetime Achievement Award” by Indian Concrete Institute during September, 2006 for his dedicated contribution in the fields of “Concrete Technology” and
Concrete Structures” for the past three decades.
• He was awarded ‘Bharatha Rathna Sir M Visvesvaraya Memorial Award’ for the year 2006 by Builders’ Association of India, Karnataka Centre, during October, 2006

Service to Professional Societies
He Served Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India) as “President” during 1988-1990 and Indian Concrete Institute as “President” during 1999-2001”. Presently he is the chairman
of Task Force on “Quality Assurance in Public Constructions” set up by Government of Karnataka and has been accorded “Minister of State” status.

Presently, Dr C S Viswanatha is the Technical Advisor, Torsteel Research Foundation in India and Chairman, Civil-aid Technoclinic Pvt. Ltd.

I am also very happy to post the Biography of Dr. C.S. Viswanatha which appeared in ICJ here.

** Originally appeared in Indian Concrete Journal, Vol. 86, No.12, Dec. 2012, pp. 37-38

Best wishes,
NS

Read his interview at:
http://icjonline.com/In_focus.pdf

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
Dr._CSViswanatha-ICJ- Dec 2012.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Dr._CSViswanatha-ICJ- Dec 2012.pdf
 Filesize:  463.82 KB
 Downloaded:  981 Time(s)

Thankful People
1 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.
Manoharbs_eq
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sir,

I am too glad to see this post, i currently work as design engineer At Civil AID which is now Bureau Veritas Civil Aid.

Dr.Viswanatha is a big inspiration since i was a student.

Rgds
Manohar
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

I received these messages today

"With profound sorrow, we inform the sudden demise of Dr. C.S. Viswanatha at Bengaluru a few hours ago.  He was the 9th President of ICI between 1999-2001.  As President of ICI, he made it a point to visit all Centres of ICI.  His contribution to the growth of ICI is commendable and he was the mentor for so many civil engineers.  ICI conveys its heartfelt condolences to the bereaving family members and pray the almighty for his soul to rest in peace.
Regards,
R. Radhakrishnan
Secretary General
Indian Concrete Institute

It is sad that " CSV' is no more, he expired this morning at 8:30, as mentioned by his brother C S Vaidhyanathan.
Founder of ACCE(I), Friend of all, Smiling ever keen, enthusiastic, with zeal of child has guided innumerable persons.
Sad he will not be there with us on Mega event of " Precast Concrete Technology" seminar.
Let his soul rest in peace.
Regards
Umesh B Rao
Umesh B Rao & Co"

We are really shocked to hear the sudden demise of Dr C S Viswanatha. He was my good friend. I met him when I visited India last year at Hyderabad. He was a great structural engineer and professor. He worked for the professional growth of not only ICI but also ACCE(I) as well as several professional bodies. He visited many centers and gave numerous lectures.  He will be remembered for his hard work, dedication and professional knowledge. Lot of us will really miss him. May God Bless his soul in Heaven.

Our heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family members and friends.

Subramanian
thirumalaichettiar
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really a sad and unhappy news on the demise of Dr.Viswanatha. He is such a nice engineer extending his help in all means. for his remembrance I got a book freely from him.

My hearty condolence to his family and family members.

I pray the  GOD to bestow peace for his soul.

T.RangaRajan
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Engineering Marvels All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: