Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools before opening them. They may contain viruses. Use online scanners here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:48 pm Post subject: Help needed
I am analyzing an Irregular 20 storied building through staad using response spectrum analysis method for my thesis work. There are 3 different cases
1. Without shear wall building
2. Shear wall upto full height of the building.
3. Shear wall upto 50% height of building
After doing analysis it is observed that
1. The story drift in without shear wall building increases upto middle story and than it starts decreasing but in building having shear wall upto full height story drift keeps on increasing upto full height of the building.
2. The story drift in full shear wall building is lower than without shear wall building upto middle stories but surpasses after the middle stories.
3. In the case of curtailed shear wall story drift first increases upto the height of curtailment and then starts decreases.
Can anyone please throw some light why this is happening as i think shear wall increases the stiffness so it should help in reducing the story drift and how can the story drift in a building with shear wall surpasses the story drift in building without shear wall.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum