www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Wrongly Placed Columns
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bennyj
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Wrongly Placed Columns Reply with quote

Dear Sefians,
This is regarding a site in Coimbatore.Structural drawings were issued for a small G+5 residential building. The contractor started the work without any intimation to us and finally one fine day it came to our notice that the work at site was completed upto the plinth level. When we happened to check the site we found out that all the columns were missing in their alignment and also in their position. However the contractor is now penalized and another contractor has been awarded the work.Now what should we do to correct these columns. I am attaching a pdf with the position of old and the new columns. Kindly have a look.

Regards,

Benny

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
COLUMN AXIS.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  COLUMN AXIS.pdf
 Filesize:  64.96 KB
 Downloaded:  194 Time(s)

mallesh_ng
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Column re-location-option1 Reply with quote

Hi,

Please check my comments on your drawing.

& also other members in Sefi can give better answer.

Regards
Mallesh

Use online scanners
COLUMN AXIS-option1.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  COLUMN AXIS-option1.pdf
 Filesize:  47.62 KB
 Downloaded:  160 Time(s)

bennyj
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er. Mallesh

Thank You so much for taking time in replying with a solution.

As you have suggested I will look into providing haunches to receive the beams and will also re analyse.

I am also planning to introduce columns between grid A and B along 1 and 4 so that the span is reduced.

Benny. J
nvlsharma
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Wrongly Placed Columns Reply with quote

On Jun 29, 2018 1:56 PM, "bennyj" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear Sefians,
This is regarding a site in Coimbatore.Structural drawings were issued for a small G+5 residential building. The contractor started the work without any intimation to us and finally one fine day it came to our notice that the work at site was completed upto the plinth level. When we happened to check the site we found out that all the columns were missing in their alignment and also in their position. However the contractor is now penalized and another contractor has been awarded the work.Now what should we do to correct these columns. I am attaching a pdf with the position of old and the new columns. Kindly have a look.

Regards,

Benny

Download Attachments:
COLUMN AXIS.pdf

Posted via Email
akashgondhale966@gmail.co
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Wrongly Placed Columns Reply with quote

I will say initially we can analyse structure for same column position. We can do its pushover analysis and then we can find its behavior and then we can reduce its Dead load as much as we can. This would help us  if situation won't satisfy then some system should be designed to take care of extra loading.

Thank You. 

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 1:56 PM bennyj <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:

Quote:
           Dear Sefians,

Regards,

Benny

Download Attachments:
COLUMN AXIS.pdf

Posted via Email
santho
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Wrongly Placed Columns Reply with quote

Dear sir.   I am from coimbatore itself. .i saw the pdf file....sir  kindky check verticality of rotated column ..its a big work to bring the column in original position .if the columns verticality is same from foundation ...then we can adjus the plans for this column position. I think thats is the ecnomical and best way to recover from this problem...
For that ...u must asure the verticality (rotation angle of column ) is same from footing top...if its aligned verticaly...then transfering  load will not be a problem...
Thank u sir...
This is my suggestion ...whatever u tried to resolve this  problem kindly update me sir...let me learn....sir..

On 29 Jun 2018 1:56 pm, "bennyj" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear Sefians,

Regards,

Benny

Download Attachments:
COLUMN AXIS.pdf

Posted via Email
santho
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Wrongly Placed Columns Reply with quote

Dear sir.There is one more option is  there .in that we cant bring the column to original position but we can make a perfect rectanguler shape ..by adtional  covering like strengthing  a  exiating column we do.....before that u can check the model in stadd  columns position at site ...sir u told that column is designed for G+5...but the columns sizes  are  not comfortable  i think so ...be sure in analysis of model ..kindly recheck the column sizes...if u send me the stadd model i ll check and give u sir thank u...

On 30 Jun 2018 6:50 am, "Santho Sruthi" <santhodada@gmail.com (santhodada@gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Dear sir.   I am from coimbatore itself. .i saw the pdf file....sir  kindky check verticality of rotated column ..its a big work to bring the column in original position .if the columns verticality is same from foundation ...then we can adjus the plans for this column position. I think thats is the ecnomical and best way to recover from this problem...
For that ...u must asure the verticality (rotation angle of column ) is same from footing top...if its aligned verticaly...then transfering  load will not be a problem...
Thank u sir...
This is my suggestion ...whatever u tried to resolve this  problem kindly update me sir...let me learn....sir..

On 29 Jun 2018 1:56 pm, "bennyj" <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear Sefians,

Regards,

Benny

Download Attachments:
COLUMN AXIS.pdf

Posted via Email
subramaniam
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Wrongly Placed Columns Reply with quote

sir,
column A1 can be done with new one(ie remove old one)all other column can be retained and plan can be changed accordingly.there will not be much deviation in plan .
Regards
S.Subramaniam.M.S.(Struc)
Kannimar Villa
New No:14,Old No:17A,Ganga Nagar,
(Back side of Kasi Theatre-Near Sapthagiri Colony)Jafferkhanpet,
Ashoknagar,Chennai - 600083
Office Contact No:9500074947

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 9:31 AM santho <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:

[quote]            Dear sir.There is one more option is  there .in that we cant bring the column to original position but we can make a perfect rectanguler shape ..by adtional  covering like strengthing  a  exiating column we do.....before that u can check the model in stadd  columns position at site ...sir u told that column is designed for G+5...but the columns sizes  are  not comfortable  i think so ...be sure in analysis of model ..kindly recheck the column sizes...if u send me the stadd model i ll check and give u sir thank u...

On 30 Jun 2018 6:50 am, "Santho Sruthi" santhodada@gmail.com (santhodada@gmail.com))> wrote:       --auto removed--

Posted via Email
structwell
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Wrongly Placed Columns Reply with quote

Dear Er. Benny

With the twisted column you may try with band beam i.e. the width of beam is more than column width to cover the missing alignment.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 2:39 PM, bennyj <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
           Dear Sefians,

Regards,

Benny

Posted via Email
aswin.v
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Wrongly Placed Columns Reply with quote

Dear sir,            The columns are misaligned and there is no proper orientation of columns this is due to poor wokmanship and lack of supervison. Hence its a G+5 storied building we cannot take risks  by proceeding the work .kindly demolish those poorly oriented colums at the site and rebuild those columns. because with this poor orientation brick works wont be proper there will be major drawback in interior and exterior  looks and there will be a major misalignment in plinth beams also.

Regards,Aswin.v

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 9:30 AM, santho <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
[quote]            Dear sir.There is one more option is  there .in that we cant bring the column to original position but we can make a perfect rectanguler shape ..by adtional  covering like strengthing  a  exiating column we do.....before that u can check the model in stadd  columns position at site ...sir u told that column is designed for G+5...but the columns sizes  are  not comfortable  i think so ...be sure in analysis of model ..kindly recheck the column sizes...if u send me the stadd model i ll check and give u sir thank u...

On 30 Jun 2018 6:50 am, "Santho Sruthi" santhodada@gmail.com (santhodada@gmail.com))> wrote:       --auto removed--

Posted via Email
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: