www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Building information modelling

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkkk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Building information modelling Reply with quote

Dear sefians,

Presently i am doing a course on Building information modelling (BIM) by Coventry University ,UK., through distance mode on Future learn platform. i have come to know that in UK all the public funded projects are on level  2.0 of BIM. UK has also defined a standard BS1192 for BIM . i wish to know what is happening in India on BIM front.

BIM is an emerging tool which bring together planner,designer,execution manager ,cost , estimate ,data etc., on a single platform in such a way that amendments made on one side is reflected real time on the other.

Er.venkat
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Building information modelling Reply with quote

Dear Er. Venkat

I think BIM is being used in India by big consultants only. It may be due to the cost of buying and maintenance of software. Moreover, as you have pointed out all the people involved in a project have to have the software, in order to make corrections in project documents, drawings, etc.

Initially even AutoCad was like that, once several people bought it, the cost came down.

Regards
NS

bkkk wrote:
Dear sefians,

Presently i am doing a course on Building information modelling (BIM) by Coventry University ,UK., through distance mode on Future learn platform. i have come to know that in UK all the public funded projects are on level  2.0 of BIM. UK has also defined a standard BS1192 for BIM . i wish to know what is happening in India on BIM front.

BIM is an emerging tool which bring together planner,designer,execution manager ,cost , estimate ,data etc., on a single platform in such a way that amendments made on one side is reflected real time on the other.

Er.venkat
ferozpatthan
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Building information modelling Reply with quote

Did we have any institute in India or saudi arabia offering distance education on BIM ONLINE
access uploads
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Building information modelling Reply with quote

Dear Er.Venkay,

I am agree with Dr. N. Subramanian.

Regards 
Aceess Uplaoads

On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 6:54 AM Dr. N. Subramanian <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:

Quote:
           Dear Er. Venkat

I think BIM is being used in India by big consultants only. It may be due to the cost of buying and maintenance of software. Moreover, as you have pointed out all the people involved in a project have to have the software, in order to make corrections in project documents, drawings, etc.

Initially even AutoCad was like that, once several people bought it, the cost came down.

Regards
NS

bkkk wrote:                Dear sefians,

Presently i am doing a course on Building information modelling (BIM) by Coventry University ,UK., through distance mode on Future learn platform. i have come to know that in UK all the public funded projects are on level 2.0 of BIM. UK has also defined a standard BS1192 for BIM . i wish to know what is happening in India on BIM front.

Er.venkat     

Posted via Email
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: