www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

ACI 318 APPENDIX D & pca notes ON aci 318

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abhishek_jain
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: ACI 318 APPENDIX D & pca notes ON aci 318 Reply with quote

Dear Sefians

I need the below mentioned documents for designing of anchorages

1) ACI 318-08 or ACI 318-11 Appendix D " Anchoring To Concrete"
2) PCA Notes on ACI 318-08, Chapter 34 " Anchoring To Concrete"

Can anyone share the link from where it can be downloaded or if someone has a scanned copy can please share it.
Thanx….

Regards
Abhishek

This email message along with any attachments is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient/s and may contain proprietary, confidential, or trade secret information. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Posted via Email
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Also use ACI 355.3R-11 . Reply with quote

Dear Er.   Abhishek  Jain,

You should also look in to this document:  

1) ACI 318-08 or ACI 318-11 Appendix D " Anchoring To Concrete"
2) PCA Notes on ACI 318-08, Chapter 34 " Anchoring To Concrete"
3) Guide for Design of Anchorage to Concrete: (ACI 355.3R-11)
Examples Using ACI 318 Appendix D

This is a very new document (2011) with examples.  Me  being  ACI member I have all these three documents. You can borrow them and use  them if you live in Ahmedabad.  These being ACI'S  propriety documents, I can send  them to you.

When I first  (2002-2003) did  my Anchor Bolt Design with ACI 318-02  Appendix -D
, me and my  Lead Engineer  were struggling to figure out these Six modes of failurre for Anchor Bolts are . The only help we had was from examples in PCI Notes on ACI 318-02 . Before this we all engineers in USA  were used  to AISC Design Guide - 1 Base Plate and Anchor Rod Design.  This ACI 318-02  Appendix-D was a big change for all of  us in USA.  

Regards and Good Luck.  

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer.
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: ANCHORING TO CONCRETE ACI 318-14 , Apeendix - D Reply with quote

Dear Sefi   Engrs ,
Engineers: Steel-to-concrete connection design should be streamlined
More than 55% of respondents to a recent survey of civil engineers said completing a single steel-to-concrete connection design takes, on average, at least two hours, which signals a need for greater efficiency. Respondents also expressed concern over the profession's seeming over-reliance on software.

Web-Link :  

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/latest/engineers-express-concerns-over-anchor-design/10037024.article  

Note  ,  From : New Civil Engineer  : Almost a third of engineers who regularly design steel to concrete connections  (ACI 318-14 , Appendix D ) struggle because there is no software to design the different elements of a steel to concrete connection as a whole. That is the key finding of a survey of 100 civil engineers who regularly perform this safety-critical task. Three out of 10 engineers also complain that optimization of the whole connection is difficult and time consuming with little time for iterations. Less than 20% said they found the baseplate rigidity difficult to check.

This is the latest on Anchoring to Concrete connections  problems .

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E.
Structural Engineer
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: