www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Suggestions for Ph.D. Topic in Composite Sections

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smeet Faldu
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Suggestions for Ph.D. Topic in Composite Sections Reply with quote

Sir,

I am looking for a Ph.D.(Structural Engg.) topics on Composite Structures (CFST), if possible.

Please suggest me topics if any.

You can also suggest any other topics related to Structural Engineering.

Thanking you.

From
----
Smeet Faldu
+91 8000108141
+91 9549218141
smitfaldu4521@gmail.com
Saturday, March 2, 2019 - 14:18
B.V.Harsoda
Bronze Sponsor
Bronze Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Suggestions for Ph.D. Topic in Composite Sections Reply with quote

Dear Er. Smeet Faldu,

Below are some topics,

1. Self curing Concrete.

2. Cement less concrete.

3. Structural Design with Geo-polymer concrete.

4. Earthquake resistant design of beam- column joints.

5. Footing at property line without strap beam.

6. Soft Story.

7. Slab less Stair.

8. Confined Masonry.

9. Effective width of wheel load dispersion for R. C. C. box Culvert.

10. Need of lateral cross  ties in large diameter R. C. C. column in Bridge.

For more discussion you can contact me at my Office at Rajkot if your location is near to me..

Best Wishes,
Er. B. V. Harsoda,
Civil & Structural Consultant
& Visiting Senior Faculty of Structural Engineering
Rajkot (Gujarat)

Smeet Faldu wrote:
Sir,

I am looking for a Ph.D.(Structural Engg.) topics on Composite Structures (CFST), if possible.

Thanking you.

From
----
Smeet Faldu
+91 8000108141
+91 9549218141
smitfaldu4521@gmail.com
Nakulkabra96
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Suggestions for Ph.D. Topic in Composite Sections Reply with quote

B.V.Harsoda wrote:
Dear Er. Smeet Faldu,

Below are some topics,

1. Self curing Concrete.

2. Cement less concrete.

3. Structural Design with Geo-polymer concrete.

4. Earthquake resistant design of beam- column joints.

5. Footing at property line without strap beam.

6. Soft Story.

7. Slab less Stair.

8. Confined Masonry.

9. Effective width of wheel load dispersion for R. C. C. box Culvert.

10. Need of lateral cross  ties in large diameter R. C. C. column in Bridge.

For more discussion you can contact me at my Office at Rajkot if your location is near to me..

Best Wishes,
Er. B. V. Harsoda,
Civil & Structural Consultant
& Visiting Senior Faculty of Structural Engineering
Rajkot (Gujarat)

Smeet Faldu wrote:
Sir,

Thanking you.

From
----
Smeet Faldu
+91 8000108141
+91 9549218141
smitfaldu4521@gmail.com

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
RESUME.docx
 Description:
Sir, I am persuing my m.tech in structure engineering. So can you provide internship to me for a period of 1 year. Here is my attached resume

Download
 Filename:  RESUME.docx
 Filesize:  3.5 KB
 Downloaded:  11 Time(s)

VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Guidelines for completing an Structural Engineering Project Reply with quote

Dear Sefi Engineers ,

We need to develop GUIDE LINES  like this for our Structural Engineering projects to do them nicely  .

" CASE 962D - A GUIDELINE ADDRESSING COORDINATION AND  COMPLETENESS OF STRUCTURAL CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS .  "

CASE  :  COUNCIL  OF AMERICAN STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS.

SER :  STRUCTURAL  ENGINEER  OF  RECORD .     THE MAIN                      DESIGNER OF THE PROJECT .

Abstract :
The guidelines presented in this document will assist not only the structural engineer of record (SER) but also every one involved with building design and construction in improving the process by which the owner is provided with a successfully completed project. Their intent is to help the practicing structural engineer understand the importance of preparing coordinated and complete construction documents and to provide guidance and direction toward achieving that goal.

These guidelines focus on the degree of completeness required in the structural construction documents (“Documents”) to achieve a “successfully completed project” and on the communication and coordination required to reach that goal. They do not attempt to encompass the details of engineering design; rather, they provide a framework for the SER to develop a quality management process.

Currently, the coordination and completeness of Documents varies substantially within the structural engineering profession and among the various professional disciplines comprising the design team. The SER’s goal should be meeting both the owner’s and the contractor’s needs by producing a complete and coordinated set of Documents. Owners and contractors generally understand that some changes to the Documents will occur, because they realize that no set of Documents is perfect. The SER must focus on completeness, coordination, constructability, and the reduction of errors in order to minimize potential changes.

THIS MAY NOT MAKE FOR  A  PH.D  RESEARCH TOPIC , BUT WE WHO ARE IN  ACTUAL DAY TO DAY  DESIGN  AND EXECUTION  OF  BUILDING PROJECTS  SEE THE NEED OF SUCH GUIDELINES WITH INDIAN CODES .  

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E.
Structural Engineer
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: