www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Unethical Structural Practice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raza_Ahsan
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Unethical Structural Practice Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
There is a very senior structural Engineer in Mumbai running a structural designing consultancy from more than 25years.
He is not following any codal norms and in his each and every project his violating the codal requirment and many of his projects are not fully safe.
In many of his projects he even design the foundation without stability report and let me tell you such projects have long spans cantilever members.
He even ignore the required reinforcement and give very less reinforcement in columns and other structural members.
Many times he got caught in proof checking and sometimes he manage to come out of it and many times he resigned from the project and run away.
He have unlimited floors license and am shocked how he manage to get that. His employees always inform him about the structure not getting pass by he always forced them to do it in his way or as per his wish.
If anyone still resist than he terminate them or many time harrassed them by continuously torturing in the name of termination.
At the moment he is working with many of the famous architects and he always run on the simple funda of satisfying architectural needs by ignoring the structural stability.
Please let me know what to do in this case and i have proof of all the things which i stated above.
Expecting reply from Senior members of this forum.
Thank you
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Unethical Structural Practice Reply with quote

Dear Er Raza

We need not worry about him. He is doing it at his risk. There are many structural engineers like him, who mostly work with architects.

Warm regards
NS

Raza_Ahsan wrote:
Hello Everyone,
There is a very senior structural Engineer in Mumbai running a structural designing consultancy from more than 25years.
He is not following any codal norms and in his each and every project his violating the codal requirment and many of his projects are not fully safe.
In many of his projects he even design the foundation without stability report and let me tell you such projects have long spans cantilever members.
He even ignore the required reinforcement and give very less reinforcement in columns and other structural members.
Many times he got caught in proof checking and sometimes he manage to come out of it and many times he resigned from the project and run away.
He have unlimited floors license and am shocked how he manage to get that. His employees always inform him about the structure not getting pass by he always forced them to do it in his way or as per his wish.
If anyone still resist than he terminate them or many time harrassed them by continuously torturing in the name of termination.
At the moment he is working with many of the famous architects and he always run on the simple funda of satisfying architectural needs by ignoring the structural stability.
Please let me know what to do in this case and i have proof of all the things which i stated above.
Thank you
Raza_Ahsan
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir
With this practice and just for money he is risking so many lives.
Even i heard that in past he had an accident of slab failure on one of his project but he manage to come out of it with the help of money.
Regards,
Khan Ahsan Raza
satishkemkar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Unethical Structural Practice Reply with quote

In India , we must of stringent conditions to get licence to practice structural engineering such as development programs as well as technical tests similar to the Chartered engineering in UK ISTRUCTE.
This will lead to production of authentic and sound professional engineers.
In india, we can get licence based on papers produced and fees. This practise should be changed.  

Dr. N. Subramanian wrote:
Dear Er Raza

We need not worry about him. He is doing it at his risk. There are many structural engineers like him, who mostly work with architects.

Warm regards
NS

Raza_Ahsan wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Thank you
Raza_Ahsan
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Unethical Structural Practice Reply with quote

In india structural engineers know that there structure wont get proof check until and unless some issue arises and because of this they designing anything.
A Structural Engineer with 25+ years of experience and unlimited floor license designing a cantilever slab of span 1200mm with just 100mm thickness.
And when the slab started deflecting he took out brackets and support the whole cantilever slab by hilti grouting. Such modifications in a new ongoing project is quite shocking.
When i check the slab design its completely failing at the nominal loading, and in actual the future loading will be more as compare the nominal loading.
This structural engineer providing 4.8M cantilever beam in highly earthquake prone area of nepal.
And providing huge span cantilever slab at top without back anchorage of reinforcement.

satishkemkar wrote:
In India , we must of stringent conditions to get licence to practice structural engineering such as development programs as well as technical tests similar to the Chartered engineering in UK ISTRUCTE.
In india, we can get licence based on papers produced and fees. This practise should be changed.  

Dear Er Raza

Warm regards
NS

Raza_Ahsan wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Thank you
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Unethical Structural Practice Reply with quote

Dear Er Raza Ahsan
I understand your concerns. But unfortunately SEFI does not have resources to take up such cases. I do not know whether there is some agency, which will take action, unless some accident happens.

Best wishes
NS

Raza_Ahsan wrote:
In india structural engineers know that there structure wont get proof check until and unless some issue arises and because of this they designing anything.
A Structural Engineer with 25+ years of experience and unlimited floor license designing a cantilever slab of span 1200mm with just 100mm thickness.
And when the slab started deflecting he took out brackets and support the whole cantilever slab by hilti grouting. Such modifications in a new ongoing project is quite shocking.
When i check the slab design its completely failing at the nominal loading, and in actual the future loading will be more as compare the nominal loading.
This structural engineer providing 4.8M cantilever beam in highly earthquake prone area of nepal.
And providing huge span cantilever slab at top without back anchorage of reinforcement.

satishkemkar wrote:

Dear Er Raza

Warm regards
NS

Raza_Ahsan wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Thank you
Jeevan Patgaonkar
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: Unethical Structural Practice Reply with quote

Sir, you may refer the matter to Chief Engineer DP of Mcgm who controls Registraions

Regards

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 at 12:37 PM, Raza_Ahsan <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:

Quote:
           Hello Everyone,
Thank you

Posted via Email
mpradyumna
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: Unethical Structural Practice Reply with quote

Dear Sirs,

I think you should name him, so that he can no longer practice. This may be seeming to be harsh, but I feel it is justified.

Thanks and regards,

M. Pradyumna

Sent: 11 January 2021 13:56
To: general@sefindia.org
Subject: [SEFI] Unethical Structural Practice

Hello Everyone,
Thank you

Posted via Email
abhio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er Reza,

Unfortunately, in India we do not have a system for flagging structural issues. You are absolutely right in noting that improper design exposes hundreds of occupants of buildings to risk. Ethically I can see an obligation on you to share your concerns, but there is no one authority to whom they can be raised. I would suggest that you write to the Institution of Engineers and ask for their help.

Regards,

Abhijeet Oundhakar
SATISH MADHAVRAO KULKARNI
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: Unethical Structural Practice Reply with quote

Dear Sirs,At the outset I do not believe this story. Because it is impossible to practice in this way for more than 25+ years.

However, in fact, this is not any unethical structural practice. This can be termed as unlawful practice, against the established laws, bylaws and codal provisions etc. for building construction.
1. The matter can be brought to the higher authority of theconcerned structure. The authority should come forward at it's own.

2. If required this matter may be brought to the notice of Builders Association of India.

3. - do- to the notice of INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERS, INDIA.

सोम, 18, जाने 2021, 12:36 ला Raza_Ahsan ने <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> लिहीला:

Quote:
           Hello Everyone,
Thank you

Posted via Email
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: