www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Excel Sheets for concrete design as per IS 456
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kakulakrishnakish
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Excel Sheets for concrete design as per IS 456 Reply with quote

Dear All,

I have an idea to collect and place in this web site all different Excel sheets for design of underground sump, over head tanks, retaining walls, staircases etc developed by different members so that all the remaining members can work on an unified design procedure.
I have one such design excel sheet for staircase which will be attached, the members are requested to use and send the feed back for modification of the same.

regards

krishna kishore

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
revstaircase.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  revstaircase.xls
 Filesize:  45 KB
 Downloaded:  12784 Time(s)

Thankful People
1 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.
sakumar79

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Kishore,
     First of all, good initiative... There are already many spreadsheets, etc. available on this website but special designs like water tanks, etc are always welcome.
    I took a quick look at the staircase design you have uploaded. It is very nicely written for submission point of view. However, there are a few points that I feel may improve it.
    Firstly, this spreadsheet does not allow the addition of additional loads on landings such as loads from secondary flights. Also, in input data, rather than asking for L1, L2, L3, it will be better to ask for "left landing length", "sloped portion length" and "right portion length" and then refer to them as L1, L2 and L3 respectively later.
    It will also be useful if the staircase flight design allows specification of continuity. If a span is continuous, the midspan moment will reduce and the moments at the end(s) will have to be designed.
    Also, if the depth of slab is input in the beginning and that is used in the calculation of dead load, etc. it will be more realistic. Sometimes, unwittingly, the actual calculations may otherwise end up pointing to a slightly unsafe solution...

Arun
ajayapc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Excel Sheets for concrete design as per IS 456 Reply with quote

Dear Kishor,
You have rightly clicked my idea, and very soon i will also like to add few worksheets in the pool for the benefits of other members.
regards

--- On Sun, 8/9/09, kakulakrishnakish <forum@sefindia.org> wrote:
Quote:

Subject: [SEFI] Excel Sheets for concrete design as per IS 456
To: general@sefindia.org
Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 8:33 PM

Dear All,

I have an idea to collect and place in this web site all different Excel sheets for design of underground sump, over head tanks, retaining walls, staircases etc developed by different members so that all the remaining members can work on an unified design procedure.
I have one such design excel sheet for staircase which will be attached, the members are requested to use and send the feed back for modification of the same.

regards

krishna kishore

Download Attachments:
revstaircase.xls

Posted via Email
varmap
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, all fellow Sefi'ans...this is my 1st post on this forum. I have uploaded 3 spreadsheets viz. One way slab design, 2way slab design & Rect Column design..please leave your feed back on these too.

ps: Generally all input in "Blue" are editable in the xls sheets.

Use online scanners
RECT-COLUMN.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  RECT-COLUMN.zip
 Filesize:  53.47 KB
 Downloaded:  7132 Time(s)

Use online scanners
2WAYSLAB.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  2WAYSLAB.zip
 Filesize:  53.83 KB
 Downloaded:  6791 Time(s)

Use online scanners
1WAYSLAB.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  1WAYSLAB.zip
 Filesize:  16.07 KB
 Downloaded:  5887 Time(s)

varmap
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more spreadsheet for .."design of cantilever retaining wall"....this i have left open to edit all....please leave your valuable feed back on this too....

Use online scanners
rc-retaining-wall.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rc-retaining-wall.zip
 Filesize:  29.21 KB
 Downloaded:  7158 Time(s)

rahulganguli29

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Excel Sheets for concrete design as per IS 456 Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Arun ,
I am agree with you, beacause, actually in practice we have always treated the stair like a continuous beam. Hence its midspan moment definitely reduced and support moment is increased. For matching similarity we assumed the maximum moment is same for negative or positive. In concerened spreadeshhet, if we assumed the moment as earlier then the waist slab thickness is quite high, so it is not uneconomical.

-Rahul Ganguli

On 8/9/09, sakumar79 <forum@sefindia.org (forum@sefindia.org)> wrote:
Quote:
  Dear Mr. Kishore,
First of all, good initiative... There are already many spreadsheets, etc. available on this website but special designs like water tanks, etc are always welcome.
I took a quick look at the staircase design you have uploaded. It is very nicely written for submission point of view. However, there are a few points that I feel may improve it.
Firstly, this spreadsheet does not allow the addition of additional loads on landings such as loads from secondary flights. Also, in input data, rather than asking for L1, L2, L3, it will be better to ask for "left landing length", "sloped portion length" and "right portion length" and then refer to them as L1, L2 and L3 respectively later.
It will also be useful if the staircase flight design allows specification of continuity. If a span is continuous, the midspan moment will reduce and the moments at the end(s) will have to be designed.
Also, if the depth of slab is input in the beginning and that is used in the calculation of dead load, etc. it will be more realistic. Sometimes, unwittingly, the actual calculations may otherwise end up pointing to a slightly unsafe solution...

Arun

Posted via Email
rahulganguli29

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Spreadesheet for staircase Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Arun ,
I am agree with you, beacause, actually in practice we have always treated the stair like a continuous beam. Hence its midspan moment definitely reduced and support moment is increased. For matching similarity we assumed the maximum moment is same for negative or positive. In concerened spreadeshhet, if we assumed the moment as earlier then the waist slab thickness is quite high, so it is not uneconomical.

-Rahul Ganguli
santoshbiraj
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: spreadsheet Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Kish,

I think that your sheet is good but I would have appreciated it to be more clean and schematic so that it looks attractive. It is a nice initiative but we do have a separate section for uploading spreadsheets, so that it wont become to clumsy.
As I said I am enclosing a spreadsheet for dog legged staircase

Use online scanners
dog legged staircase.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dog legged staircase.xls
 Filesize:  43 KB
 Downloaded:  5177 Time(s)

Himanshu Patel
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: spreadsheet Reply with quote

can u send me your spread sheet password to my email - akshar.himanshu@gmail.com. My intense is that suppose we want to addtional row like in one way slab, u add total load, suppose we want to add addtional row for live load so in case of proof check any one can read.

thanks

Himanshu Patel
santoshbiraj
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: spreadsheet Reply with quote

Himanshu Patel wrote:
can u send me your spread sheet password to my email - akshar.himanshu@gmail.com. My intense is that suppose we want to addtional row like in one way slab, u add total load, suppose we want to add addtional row for live load so in case of proof check any one can read.

thanks

Himanshu Patel

My dear friend you are not clear to whom you are addressing
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: