www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Gems of Structural Engg - Dr N Subramanian - (Post-27)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Engineering Marvels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank Er Jayakumar for the nice words about me and also the book. I believe that the book is available through online flipcart also!

Best wishes,
NS
deepak_ed wrote:
Dear sefi,

I am also waiting for the book to be available in book shops. But it takes time.

Deepak
es_jayakumar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear NS Sir,

Thank you. I procured the book via online shopping of Bookadda, with discount.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I routinely take a few Dates after supper, upon learning its nutrition value from your health tips referred by me.

Regards,
E S Jayakumar
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Er Jayakumar,

Thanks for sharing the info, which may be useful to other Sefians.

Regarding Dates, please put an almond inside and eat, it will increase the taste. A handful of nuts( raw,not processed) is very good for health. In the same way add fruits to your daily intake of food. Apples, orange, pier, pomegranate, kiwi are some of the fruits I recommend. Bananas are good if one does not have diabetes. http://nutribulletblog.com/nuts-about-nuts/

Another good suggestion which I am following is taking a tall glass of water in empty stomach followed by a a solution of lime, ginger, and honey.

Do yoga for 30 minuted every day.

Enjoy Life!

All the best,
Regards,
Subramanian

es_jayakumar wrote:
Dear NS Sir,

Thank you. I procured the book via online shopping of Bookadda, with discount.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I routinely take a few Dates after supper, upon learning its nutrition value from your health tips referred by me.

Regards,
E S Jayakumar
knsheth123
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All

Glad Thanks for posting detailed biography of Subramanian Sir.  
It is from my UG studies, I have known him through his book on Space Structures.  

Although in practice, he preserved his academic seeds imbibed in his early carrier.
His writings and Contributions are much more valuable than a professor in teaching. He is a Professor in Practice through his 'put to use articles' and papers.  

It had been an enthralling experience to interact with him through SEFI. Thanks to SEFI to provide a platform to interact with such GEM of Structural Engineering. Tirelessly & politely he interacts in Forum for every relevant posts and guide us all.

After the first and complete reference on IS 800 new code, we wait for his new book on RCC Design.

Another great chance through SEFI was to Interact with Shri U. H. Variyani Sir, Vikramjeet,  Abhay etc.

Thanks Shri Abhay Vivek and SEFI.

K. N. Sheth
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof. Sheth,

Thanks for your kind words. I am happy that my book on Space Structures is also popular in India. I spent several years collecting information, photos etc for that book- in those years Internet was not there, and all the info I got was through regular mail, and if course from Journals.

I was fortunate that I worked with several great persons and known to Several great professors. I had the habit of spending 10 percent of my earnings for buying books. I had several books, still have many of them. Reading from the experience of others , I gained lot of knowledge. I also attended a number of conferences( organized a few as an official of ICI and ACCE(I)), and went through a number of magazines and Journals. I thought that the knowledge I gained should be useful to others and hence started writing books. I used to write books after office hours and hence burnt lot of mid night oil!

Because of SEFI I got a number of good friends like you. I consider that it is our duty to help young persons and SEFI is an excellent platform for exchange of ideas.

The RC Design book can be ordered through Online Book stores like Flipcart also. Hope you will find this book also is useful.

Regards,
Subramanian

knsheth123 wrote:
Dear All

Glad Thanks for posting detailed biography of Subramanian Sir.  
It is from my UG studies, I have known him through his book on Space Structures.  

Although in practice, he preserved his academic seeds imbibed in his early carrier.
His writings and Contributions are much more valuable than a professor in teaching. He is a Professor in Practice through his 'put to use articles' and papers.  

It had been an enthralling experience to interact with him through SEFI. Thanks to SEFI to provide a platform to interact with such GEM of Structural Engineering. Tirelessly & politely he interacts in Forum for every relevant posts and guide us all.

After the first and complete reference on IS 800 new code, we wait for his new book on RCC Design.

Another great chance through SEFI was to Interact with Shri U. H. Variyani Sir, Vikramjeet,  Abhay etc.

Thanks Shri Abhay Vivek and SEFI.

K. N. Sheth
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Latest from ACI Journal April 2014. Congratulations. Reply with quote

Dear  Dr.  Subramanian,

As usual  being an ACI member I was reading my latest issue of ACI journal. What joy it was read this about you.  Hearty Congratulations.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concrete International April 2014 No. 4

ACI member Subramanian Narayanan was awarded  with the Indian Concrete Institute
L & T Award for Lifetime Achievement 2013. Narayanan was recognized for  his contributions to computer-aided design and consultancy in concrete structures. He has authored more than 200 technical papers in journals and conferences and is a regular contributor to TheIndian Concrete Journal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer  

Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Latest from ACI Journal April 2014. Congratulations. Reply with quote

Thank you Er Pandyaji.

I am also a member of ACI for the past 12 years.

Regards,
NS

VPandya wrote:
Dear  Dr.  Subramanian,

As usual  being an ACI member I was reading my latest issue of ACI journal. What joy it was read this about you.  Hearty Congratulations.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concrete International April 2014 No. 4

ACI member Subramanian Narayanan was awarded  with the Indian Concrete Institute
L & T Award for Lifetime Achievement 2013. Narayanan was recognized for  his contributions to computer-aided design and consultancy in concrete structures. He has authored more than 200 technical papers in journals and conferences and is a regular contributor to TheIndian Concrete Journal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya  P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer  

abhy_vivek
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Latest from ACI Journal April 2014. Congratulations. Reply with quote

Dr. N Subramanian ji with Bharat Ratn and former president of India (Late) Shri APJ Abdul kalam sir. Both these Gems met together when Dr. Kalam, visited Temple run by JSS Msission in 2013. Dr. Kalam had given inspiring speech at that occasion.

The group photo was taken at the dinner time; there Dr. NS sir gifted a copy of his book on Jokes to other Gem.

Dr NS with Baharat Rant Shri APJ Abdul Kalam sir.jpg
 Description:
Dr. N Subramanian ji with Bharat Ratn and former president of India (Late) Shri APJ Abdul kalam sir.
 Filesize:  125 KB
 Viewed:  660 Time(s)

Dr NS with Baharat Rant Shri APJ Abdul Kalam sir.jpg

abhy_vivek
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Latest from ACI Journal April 2014. Congratulations. Reply with quote

A thoroughly revised edition of book 'Design of Steel Structures' by Dr. N. Subramanian sir is published by Oxford University Press. All the examples in this book are thoroughly revised and were proof checked by Er. Kumar Abhishek Singh, who is a renowned member of Sefi. The front cover photo was taken by Mrs. Subramanian madam.

Undersigned has contributed a last chapter, i.e. Chapter-18 on 'Design of Steel Enabling Structures' in this edition. There were a couple of more supporters to this edition (mentioned in the book).

Congratulations to Dr. N. Subramanian sir and all the supporters who helped in revision.
Hope Students, Teachers and Practitioners will find this book very useful.

Reg
Vivek Abhyankar
Mumbai

Design of Steel Structures.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.4 KB
 Viewed:  541 Time(s)

Design of Steel Structures.jpg

naga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: gem of engineers Reply with quote

my dear NS SIR,

HEART CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR END LESS CONTRIBUTION TO ENGINEERING FIELD.
REGARDS
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> Engineering Marvels All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: