www.sefindia.org

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptions DigestDigest Preferences   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister FAQSecurity Tips FAQDonate
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum 
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools  before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

liquid retaining structures!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
t_alig
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: liquid retaining structures!!!!! Reply with quote

Dear All
can anyone suggest me the best reference book for design of liquid retaining structures as per IS code????

Pl guide!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thankful People
4 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.
rakeshrp
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear,

You want to basic of design water tank and retaining wall then use H.J.shah for more information use  book of  Dayaratnam.
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: liquid retaining structures!!!!! Reply with quote

Book on rcc design by Mullick and Rangaswamy is also a good book
as chapter on liquid retaining structures is dealt very nicely.
Old book , but may be still available from Standard publishers Nai Sarak
Delhi, I think.

vikramjeet
-- ญญ

Posted via Email
rajancivildesign@gmail.co

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: DESIGN OF WATER TANK Reply with quote

Dear Safians,
Recently the design of water tank philosopy has been revised. Now We can design water tank by limiting crack width by Limit State Design also. As such no book is available on design of  water tank  as per latest code IS 3370-2009 (Part 1 &2). The book on Advanced Concrete Design by S.S.Bhavakatti and Limit state design by A.K.Jain are good books for reference. I hereby enclose some attachement on the above topic for reference.
V.M.RAJAN
suresh_sharma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sri Rajan, attachments have been probably left out. Please re do.
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: DESIGN OF WATER TANK Reply with quote

Dear Er Rajan,

As suggested by my friend Er Umesh B Rao, in his posting try the following book which is based on the new code

Meghashyam, K.K., Reinforced concrete Constructions for Water retaining Structures, J.M. Jaina & Bros, New Delhi, ISBN 9788181940179

Regards
NS
rajancivildesign wrote:
Dear Safians,
Recently the design of water tank philosopy has been revised. Now We can design water tank by limiting crack width by Limit State Design also. As such no book is available on design of  water tank  as per latest code IS 3370-2009 (Part 1 &2). The book on Advanced Concrete Design by S.S.Bhavakatti and Limit state design by A.K.Jain are good books for reference. I hereby enclose some attachement on the above topic for reference.
V.M.RAJAN
thirumalaichettiar
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: DESIGN OF WATER TANK Reply with quote

drnsmani wrote:
Dear Er Rajan,

As suggested by my friend Er Umesh B Rao, in his posting try the following book which is based on the new code

Meghashyam, K.K., Reinforced concrete Constructions for Water retaining Structures, J.M. Jaina & Bros, New Delhi, ISBN 9788181940179

Regards
NS
rajancivildesign wrote:
Dear Safians,
V.M.RAJAN

The book cost Rs900/= and it is a good volume of contents and I had purchased 3 books of different subjects including the water tank to a total cost of Rs2700/=.

T.RangaRajan.
rajancivildesign@gmail.co

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: DESIGN OF WATER TANK Reply with quote

Dear Suresh Sharma,
I have a good design book in pdf format. Due to limiting space, the file could not be attached. Kindly inform your email ID. I will send by email. Thank you very much for the new book suggested by NS sir. I have already gone through the book. The book is full of theory and no worked out problem on design as per latest IS code.
V.M.RAJAN.
suresh_sharma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Rajan my email id is as below:

sureshpr.sharma@gmail.com
thirumalaichettiar
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: DESIGN OF WATER TANK Reply with quote

rajancivildesign wrote:
Dear Suresh Sharma,
I have a good design book in pdf format. Due to limiting space, the file could not be attached. Kindly inform your email ID. I will send by email. Thank you very much for the new book suggested by NS sir. I have already gone through the book. The book is full of theory and no worked out problem on design as per latest IS code.
V.M.RAJAN.

Er.Rajan,

Is it possible to send your good book on design of water tank to my mail id thirumalaichettiar@yahoo.com

T.RangaRajan.
Post new topicReply to topic Thank Post    www.sefindia.org Forum Index -> SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: